“Comfortable hotel”

Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #76 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Wonderful showers, neat beds,fine sellection of music albums on TV set

Very smart location: about 10 minutes walk from Postdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, Kreuzberg district with nightclubs, not far from Tiergarten.

Has its own atmosphere of socialist Berlin times. Quite a few local Bars, restaurants, pizzarias and kebab stands around. Exquisite : the East London english breakfast place.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Tino K, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Dear Vytenis C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great thoughts on the hotel after your stay with us.

I was so happy to read how much you valued the high level of our showers and beds. Thank you for recognising our music selection on our TVs. I believe you are the very first one who commented on this. Also I wanted to express that I am proud you felt home in our smart location.

I have passed on your comments to the delight of everyone here and we really hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Berlin.

Marketing & Communication

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Great location in western Mitte on a quiet street not far from a number of museums and attractions. Breakfast was wonderful and large, the dining room airy and bright. The rooms and hallways have been recently renovated. Our queen room was spacious and had great views. Rented bikes to travel around Berlin. The concierge was attentive and informative. A few blocks from the nearest U-tube and the river, which was a pleasant walk. Desk staff was very professional and attentive. Price was fantastic for what was provided - I would highly recommend and would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor facing the park.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear George J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz.

If I would try to convince future guests to book our hotel I would have said exactly the same things you recognised in your comments. I was so happy to read how much you valued the high level of service from our professional, friendly and supportive staff, the central easily accessible location allowing you to walk to most the key tourist sites, and the delicious, varied breakfast.

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

Although close to Potsdamer Platz it is not on the Platz. It is in a quieter neighborhood (which we think was good.). It is close to both "U" and "S" stations so it was quick to go out and explore the city. Staff was helpful and pleasant. If you have the option of adding breakfast to your booking--do so! The breakfast buffet has a wide selection of delicious foods, extremely fresh and flavorful. I definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This property is conveniently located at a short 5 mins walk from Potsdamer Platz. The property itself is beautiful, contemporary and very tastefully done up. However, the most important and defining aspect any hotel stay for me is the attitude of the staff, which this hotel excelled at. The staff were friendly, attentive and very helpful. A special call out to Sebastian (Front Desk) and Erhat (Concierge) who were really helpful in providing relevant information with regards to ways to experience the beautiful things that the city of Berlin has to offer. I would most certainly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2015

I stayed in this hotel last week while on business. Reception/front of house are a real credit to this hotel - very warm, professional and accommodating. The rooms are quiet, clean and modern. The aircon (my top ask in any hotel) was not working efficiently and after a technician was not able to improve it, front of house had no problem in moving me to a new room which turned out to be an upgrade and which included a Nespresso machine - nice touch! Bathroom and shower were both excellent.

Breakfast was included and everything you could possibly want was on offer. The welcome into breakfast was warm and professional and I was called by name even a little later on when checking whether I would like tea or coffee. Another nice touch.

In terms of location, it is a walk away from some of the sights but cabs are a plenty and very reasonable.

Can happily recommend and my thanks to the staff I came across for their hospitality.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Tino K, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear 726Tania_B_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz.

I was delighted to read your feedback on your experience with the reception and the great service and tasteful selection at our breakfast. I know that all of Front Office take great pride in being the first and usually the most consistent point of contact for most of our guests throughout their stay so I will relay your comments. Similarly with the warm and professional breakfast service, our Restaurant team will be happy to hear your judgement.

In regards to the issue with the air conditioning I agree with you, as do the members of the Executive Office, so we are currently in the process of getting this resolved. I apologise if there was some negative circumstances during your stay, this is not an issue normally but I know there have been some works but this has now been completed.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back soon and thank you again for taking the time to write your review.