“Dissapointment”
Review of La Gondola Due

La Gondola Due
Ranked #15 of 9,561 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Daily fresh fish: sole, turbot, Sashimi tuna, bream, shrimp, swordfish, calamaretti, Giant Gamberoni, salmon ect. Best steak from Argentina (Black Angus Rind beef) Calf: calf filet, calf liver (Bahlmann-Kalb Germany) the best
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

They sold us salmon as tuna, which also took quite long considering there were six other tables occupied. Not impressed.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

You know, there are many Italian restaurants everywhere you look.
Different price categories and setups, sure.
But at the end, it tends to get somewhat dull and usually they have little in common with true Italian kitchen and Italian restaurants (in Italy).
Just like Chinese restaurants beyond the borders of China.

So I usually have my reservations trying yet another one, or at the very least, I keep my expectations low.

This attitude however has a great advantage, because it allows one to be positively surprized.

Naturally your expectations are quite high the second time around, which cannot always be fulfilled.
Not here!

It is twice that I have visited La gondola due and plan on doing it as often as I can from now on.

First I need to say something about the staff and the owner.
No matter if young, the older calibre like myself, or the boss – professionals all around, kind, forthcoming – and while making you feel special with their treatment, they don’t kiss your you know what.
While the very much know how good they are, not one of them “rides the high horse”.

So the one of the thing that make la gondola due so special, is the one that really matters.
The people running it.

Next thing would be the interior.
Lots of wood and wine bottles on the walls.
Let’s be honest.
We are talking of a first class environment, a classy but thankfully not chic design.
I say that because nothing is “too much” and the boss wants his guests be the true eyesight.
Here you should pay attention, because it is a rare thing nowadays.
Dining in la gondola due feels good, which gives you a positive posture and a light smile during (and after) your stay.
Now that is how you decorate your place!
Imagine the atmosphere!

You want to make a Bolognese, there are some ways of doing it sure, but the outcome is always as good as the produce you have to your disposal.
And you have to be willing to pay big time, if you want to have top shelf quality on a steady basis for a restaurant.
You might be able to get half a kilogram at the supermarket, picking your way through – but won’t you go ahead and get thirty, or fifty kilograms on a daily basis!

The owner goes so far to special order the pasta directly from Italy.
My family owns some fields with olive trees which allows me to know how truly good olive oil can taste.
And folks let me tell you, he olive oil in la gondola due is of supreme quality.
So when someone puts down about 18 to 30 bucks down for 0,75l of olive oil and serves you that, you tend to appreciate it.
Having written all this and you having read up to this point, I guess you already suspect what I have to say about the food.

YES! HELL YES!!! And for the younger folk “OMG” etc. etc…

The way everything looks is nothing compared to the feelings of culinary joy that you experience when tasting it.
From starters, to main course, to dessert – it is wonderful.

I am looking forward to my next visit which will be very soon!

One last but crucial thing to remember is to make a reservation!!!
But even that, you can do easily over the website.

Enjoy…

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We visited the restaurant with my wonderful wife for our Valentine's day and we knew it was a great decision. They welcomed us very friendly and gave us a nice table for 4 (even though we were only 2) - so we had plenty of places.

They took care about us as much as they could - they didn't even let us to fill our wines ourselves, but were always close to our table to help.

All the staffs were friendly, funny and we really appreciate that we didn't have a feeling we are bothering them.

The presentation of the food was great, the taste was not the greatest, but I would give 4 out of 5.

We also got a small drink on house at the end.

One sentence - Thank you guys for having such wonderful place and restaurant. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The food was average. We have eaten better Italian food in Berlin. Definitely overpriced and very disappointing! Why is this restaurant rated No. 1??????

3  Thank Victoria W
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I just popped in to this place and was flabbergasted by the food-- it's really great! The quality is really high and yet it is still affordable. The setting is quite nice. The only thing that was a bit off was that the waiters didn't appear to be Italian or German (I think they were speaking Romanian?), so I don't think guests could speak to them in Italian. Anyway, they were all friendly and I will be back!

1  Thank justinehresman

Been to La Gondola Due? Share your experiences!