US$84
US$79
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

i31 Hotel(Berlin)
US$114
US$108
Hotel Website
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

US$78
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$94
US$87
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$113
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Hotel Q!(Berlin)
US$123
US$119
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

Days Inn Berlin City South(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$37
  • Bar/Lounge
Select Hotel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$206
US$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Cheap no frills hotel in a quiet residential area of Berlin. It was no problem for us staying outside the centre as we were only there for 1 night and Pichelsburg S Bahn is a 5 min walk away and the trains are regular, but beware if carrying lots of luggage, as there are 2 sets of stairs at the station and then more stairs to get into the hotel itself. Our room was clean with small en-suite and a balcony! We all slept well though didn't try the buffet breakfast but check-in and out was quick and painless and you can buy drinks/snacks/postcards from reception too - I'm not sure how far the nearest shops/pubs/restaurants are from hotel as we just went to/from Pichelsburg S Bahn. Downsides? The stairs outside definitely and the elevator was a bit small and weird but there were no major issues so for the money we paid we can't complain. Drinking tip: Spandau is a short train ride away and has some nice pubs.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cro-magnon
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice hotel, location is quite good, especially for us, cause we travelled by car. Free parking is available on Glockenturmstrasse and we never had a problem finding a parking spot. The staff was nice and friendly. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I think, this hotel is a perfect choice for a one-night stand or short vacation. I really didn`t like that wifi was 2 eur per 24 h and was very slow and only for 1 device.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The only good things I can say about this hotel are the staff were friendly and helpful, the wifi at 2 euro a day worked well, and if you're attending something at either the Waldbuhne (which I was) or the Olympiastadion, it's the only hotel within walking distance and it's in a safe and quiet area.

My stay overall had a lot of things wrong with it. I took a cab from Schoenfeld Airport, which I knew would be costly, it was 50 euro, but I am glad I did, as I had a big suitcase and I would have never been able to manage it alone on the staircases at the Pichelsburg S Bahn station (closest station to the hotel, 10 minute walk). I flew out of Tegal and also took a cab back there, which wasn't as bad, I think it was around 23 euro.

I arrived and check in was quick, most of the staff understood and spoke good English. The first thing I noticed outside was the stairs to get into the building, which I was trying to figure out with my suitcase, until a nice fellow guest offered to help me and he carryed it inside for me. They have hardly any staff at the hotel, no bellman, no luggage room (that I saw). The one elevator I always worried about getting stuck in, you open a door to get in and then the door shuts behind you and you're in this tiny elevator. I got in with 2 other people one time and we were cramped, it supposedly can hold 5 people maximum! My first room was room 603, the first thing I notice was how hot the room was--there was no air conditioning! It was a decent sized room with two twin beds pushed together, a small table and two chairs, small TV (no English speaking channels), and stuck in the corner was bunk beds (with the ladder against the wall, I don't know how anyone could have gotten into them!) There was a small balcony, small bathroom (which smelled horribly like sewer) and no telephone! I needed a phone to make short calls home to the U.S. everyday since my cell phone doesn't work in Europe, and not all of my family is online. After a few hours, and getting a phone brought up that didn't work, the nice girl working at the front desk had me moved to room 503, which was exactly the same as 603, except it had a working phone. I checked before I stayed in the room! The bathroom didn't have the smell in this room, which was good. The room keys are also actual keys, I don't even remember the last time I had one of those for a hotel room! The few days I was in Berlin were the hottest I guess in a very long time, 90-96 degrees F everyday, with no air conditioning, it was stifling in the room, especially to sleep! I tried opening my balcony door to get fresh air, this was only a temporary solution, as there was a birds nest right outside my door and I didn't want birds flying into the room, and by the second day, the door was falling right off the hinges! I had to keep chairs against the door so it didn't fall over and break! The housekeeper guy/maintenance guy came and did a quick unsuccessful fix on it. I was still in danger of it falling, I just kept the chairs there! I was so worried it was going to fall over! I didn't sleep good the 3 nights I was there, between the door worry and how hot it was, it was miserable! The room overall also wasn't that clean, but not totally dirty, either. I never had housekeeping come my whole stay, I don't know why, unless they only clean on your check out day. The hallways are extremely dark, at night time it was scary! I used the light on my phone one night when I returned around midnight, as it was creepy, and I needed to see somehow! I did find the light switch after that, so turned it on a couple times, like when I had to leave for the airport at 4 AM! I turned the lights on during the day once and then I came back like an hour later and someone had already turned them off!

There is a buffet breakfast every morning. I paid 12 euro, unknowingly, since I was never informed that it's 9 euro if you prebook the night before. It wasn't worth 9 euro, let alone 12! The selection wasn't that good, and the overall quality of the food wasn't that good. They also charged me for 2 breakfasts at 12 euros each, when I only got one, so I will be contacting the hotel to get refunded for one of those! In the small lobby they sell some drinks, snacks, coffee, souvenirs (small selection), everything is overpriced obviously, but it's always open and was handy when I needed cold drinks because of how hot the place was. It was hot in the lobby also, they keep the door open all day to get fresh air. There's also a computer for free public use, but no printer, so if you need a boarding pass etc... printed I don't know where you can, unless you ask the front desk to do it.

The hotel is in a quiet, but safe, residential area. The S-Bahn is 10 minutes away, and it's about a 20 minute ride to the city center on the S5 line. There is nothing around the hotel, and if it's a civil holiday, like it was the Monday I arrived, everything, literally, closes up. There is a grocery store, post office, and a few small restaurants across the street, but that's about it.

This was my 2nd time to Berlin, my first was in 1998 and I stayed at the Westin in central Berlin, which was nice. I chose the Alesca as I was attending a concert at the Waldbuhne and wanted something within walking distance for convenience--this hotel was the only option. I know from past experience what a nightmare public Berlin transportation is after an event, and I wasn't going to do that again. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, though. I would have switched somewhere else if it wasn't for the convenience of being walking distance to the Waldbuhne.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BuffaloAmy
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Brilliant stay. Room plenty big enough. Location was superb, 5 mins walk to S Bahn and then only short trip to anywhere in Berlin.
Staff were brilliant and could not do enough for us. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Conrad H
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I spent 3 days here and really enjoyed my stay. It's in a quiet residential area, the train stop is very close to the Pitchelsberg (S5 train to Spandau), follow the directions to Angerberger Allee, a right turn will bring you to Glockenturnstrase and the hotel is the tall building on the hill. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they make great coffee. The internet is very good and only cost 2 Euro's for 24hrs (although I wish it would include at least 2 devices, phone and laptop ;). I love the wide view windows and the door to the balcony, it felt comfortable, like home and very clean. You can hop on the train and go all over Berlin with a day pass for only 6.80 eu. Awesome for those of us traveling on a budget!!!

Room Tip: My room had 4 beds and was very spacious, next time i'll bring friends :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo