“Good hotel for weekend trip in Berlin”

Hotel Pension Fischer
and 1 more site!
Hotel Pension Fischer
Ranked #19 of 193 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Cleaned, well located and affordable hotel. The service was correct, the breakfast, although the same each day, it was ok. The only downside was the pillow a little bit too soft. I would definitively go back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We stayed in the Hotel Pension Fischer over Easter weekend 2017. I contacted them to see if we could drop our bags off when we arrived in Berlin about 11 am - the responded straight away and said we could even have the room if it was ready. We got there at 11 and were welcomed by the owner and given a key to the room and brief explanation of the underground system and where the sights are. The room was quiet, comfortable, big enough. Shower was fine. Breakfast was basic continental breakfast - museli, cornflakes,cold meats and cheeses etc. Clearly not a luxury hotel, but is fine for a weekend base in Berlin.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HotelPensionFischer, Manager at Hotel Pension Fischer, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thanks for your rewiew.
We are happy that you have a good stay in our house.

You don´t forgot that we are a little Cityhotel with low prices.

Our price performance is more than adequate for the location and the service we offer

Reviewed 31 October 2016

The place is very nice, cosy and homelike, you get your own keys, as the reception is not manned 24/7. Room is as advertised, and I would almost love to stay here agin. Why "almost" you might ask?

This was due to the attitude from the owners, you got the feeling that the guests were seen as a bit of an annoyance. For instance, one morning I went into the breakfast room a bit early (about five minutes before official opening time). All of the stuff I needed (tea, bread, cheese etc.) where already there, so I just started to take my breakfast.

Then the owner crashed down on me and very aggressively and rudely stated that "I should have sense to wait until they had brought out all the stuff!" Of course, I did go there (just) before the official time, but there are millions of way to handle this in a nice way, like "Please go ahead, but we are not officially open yet, so you might not find all the things in place."

Another breakfast, I took my stuff, and sat down at a table. Then the owner came in and very rudely stated that "You cannot sit at that table, it's for three persons!", and pointed me to another table in a very inconvenient position. As far as I could see most tables vere identical, except that they had put three cups on some tables, and only two on some others. I cannot understand why they couldn't let people sit wherever they want, and just add more cups to all tables?

Also at the checkout I got some aggressive words in my face, as I asked the owner (who was sitting behind his desk) if I could settle the bill. He just looked very annoyed, and stated harshly that "No, you cannot pay the bill, we don't have a 24/7 reception, the reception only opens in five minutes". Again, I agree I was there before the official time, but as he anyway was sitting there it felt natural to ask for checkout.

I will not return.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Polarica

Dear guest,

First of all we thank you that you were our guest.

To your criticism:
It is quite strange that we always when we point to something as a guest
(Rude, aggressive or bad hosts).

Invoice , we always and gladly to give this our guests.

No hotel has enough space to entertain all guests at the same time.
For this reason, there are tables which are differently covered (for example for 3 or 4 persons and then with a sign)
These places are there because there is the most space at this place and we can create such a pleasant environment.
We are sorry if you felt ill-tempered.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We had a great time in Berlin, exploring the city and the location of the hotel really helped. It was was within walking distance of the shops. There is a u-bahn stop across the street and a supermarket across the street. There are some places to eat nearby. A family member was running the Berlin Marathon and part of the course was nearby!!! The staff are really friendly and gave us advice on where to to visit! There was lots for breakfast, including cake which the children really much very enjoyed lots! The room was nice and clean! The staff made up the family member running the marathon a roll and a banana to help which was really nice! We really enjoyed our stay and would thoroughly recommend staying here!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Chiara D

We are very pleased that you were our guest and thank you for the evaluation.

We always try our best and it is especially nice if we can read in a review.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Clean room, English TV channels and free Wi fi. The connection was not great but managed ok for 2 night stay. Didn't use the breakfast as left early for a day trip first day and then left early for a flight on the second day. The hotel was up three flights of stairs but this did not bother me as I was aware prior to booking. Only issue I had was that it would have been nice to have been welcomened by a member of staff when I arrived. It was after 3pm and I was sent an E mail to be told not staff would be present so the key would be left in a box at the entrance to the hotel. You are then left to find your own room. It was an ok basic hotel to use as a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo