See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Room was small, but cozy. For this price really good comfort, maybe because of reconstruction of building? It was really noisy when the builders started they work in 7 am. Also noise from street was annoying. Hotel needs new windows :-). Tasty basic breakfast. For this price fair accommodation. Hotel is near to metro and in our favourite Kreuzberg. Staff was nice.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights as we were going to a concert at the Columbiahalle. About a five minute walk to the Columbiahalle so very convenient for that.
Hotel is very basic. Rooms were clean enough though a bit tired in places and bathroom was OK. Beds not very comfortable and the pillows awful. Hot water was a bit hit and miss so sometimes had a hot shower and sometimes it was cold. The breakfast room was OK with typical German breakfast. The people on reception were mostly fine with one man particularly helpful. There is a Metro station across the street to take you quickly into the City and cafes and shops close by.
For the low price we paid we didn't expect much more than we got and if you are going to the Columbiahalle the location is great.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 3 April 2016

We stayed here because we attended to a concert at the Columbiahalle, so the location is very convenient for that. It's not that close to the centre, but it is well communicated by the underground. There's a stop right at the door, Platz der Luftbrücke, and some bus stops as well. Also good connection with the Schönefeld Airport. The area doesn't have a lot or interesting things, but the former Tempelhof airport can be worth a visit. There's an area with cafes and very good restaurants not too far, just a 10 minute walk.

The hotel was not new, but the rooms were quite well kept and spacious. The bathrooms were the oldest thing in the room, but they were clean and decent, just dated. There was a shower cubicle, hair dryer and enough towels and gel and soap. Beds were clean and comfy. There was also a phone, TV, a bottle of sparkling water, kettle and wi-fi connection, although I got a few codes because they kept expiring.

The breakfast was included and there was plenty of food around or all types: warm, like eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. Also cold meats, cheeses, yoghurt, milk, coffee, tea, pastries… It was very good indeed and I was very happy with it.

About the staff, when I booked online I confused the dates, but they gladly fixed it after I emailed them about it. My friend stayed one night, but I could keep using the same room for my own solo booking. Nice not having to move. The staff was mostly really pleasant. The woman that was at the reception desk when I arrived was super nice and also the people at the breakfast room. Alas, one of the reception girls wasn't nice at all with my friend and insisted that couldn't allow her to get into the room when she arrived after me. She said that I had taken the key with me, and I hadn't. Not sure how she couldn't see it, but it was where it should have been. My friend couldn't enter the room till I got back to the hotel and then the key magically appeared. At least she apologised about her mistake and her rude behaviour with my friend.

Apart from that, the stay was pleasant and I would go back for sure if I need to be near the area. Good price, mostly nice staff and superb breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed three nights in Hotel Columbia during the Lollabalooza festival and I have nothing to complain. The room was tidy, the reception was open 24 hours, the breakfast was good enough, the staff was polite and in the bed there was a soft and warm eiderdown. The U-bahn station was just opposite the street and also some nice little coffee shops. Ok, one minus for the missing WiFi-connection, but that's the only one.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I really would like to warn you, i did not like my stay at this hotel. It is way too expensive for what you get, or better said ´what you do not get´. This hotel is terrible for several reasons:
- Hotel room was not clean at all
- Insects in the bathroom
- Cold showers
- Bad or no internet connection
- Very old towels
- No ventilation in the room
- Lots of noise from the street
- I got a bad stomach from the breakfast, it has no fresh bread, grey egg, the only thing that was okay was the mozzarella & tomato. When it is crowded you had to wait for getting a place at someone else´s table.
- Rude personell when you ask for help. Ignoring also.
I asked for a refund, but then the manager did not want to talk to me and they never called me back and were not helpful at all.

All by all, terrible!

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo