“Had to search for it”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Found a recommendation for this and really had to pay attention to find this. Located in the inner yard without too many ads promoting.
We had a NY Special Bagel (tasty) and Club Sandwich (huge but could have been tastier) (see pic). Both were plenty for a lunch.

NY cheese cake as a dessert was great.
Barcomi's won't disappoint but no need to travel from other side of city.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Found this place by coincidence and was not disappointed at all!

I ordered the Hummus Bagel with extra avocados and I have to admit, I never had such yummy and fresh bagels outside NYC! The price compared to what you get is more than fair. The staff was very attentive and very supportive. The place has enough space for meeting up with friends, or families or just to hang there and work on your laptop. Due to the fact that the deli is hidden in a backyard of a house, it's still a secret place and didn’t lose its charm to the tourist crowd!
I know it's not easy to run a deli or restaurant in Berlin, as you have soooo many there and every year you have even more. So I'm even more surprised and happy about a place like this. Please don’t lose your charm

I will definitely come back again when I visit Berlin again!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious and definitely German scaling- go hungry!
Coffee pretty spot on.
The restaurent is fresh and bright. Lovely location.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I like their New York cheesecake but was less impressed by the savoury options, the hummus was insipid, and the bagel a poor cousin of New York Jewish bakeries produce. The pulled pork sandwich was decent but the salad could use more seasoning. For the prices you can get better food in Mitte.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I come to Barcomi’s for their cakes, full stop. Ever since I first visited 3+ years ago, I have become a fan. Their cheesecakes are simply superb and have always satisfied my cravings. It is not one of these chic, somewhat pretentious cafes that charge you 4+ Euros for an average-quality slice of cheesecake, which I don’t think is even worth the calories. It is a buzzing, down-to-earth kind of place, which offers great food options at reasonable prices. Most of their cakes are 3 Euros a slice and their slices are large. In the summer, I enjoy sitting in the lovely courtyard; and in winter, their indoor hall is spacious, warm and welcoming. On the occasions when I ate in, the services were always efficient and friendly. I sometimes go straight to the cake counter in the back to order take-away. There is no cute take-away boxes like some other places. But I always know I am taking pieces of heaven home.