“I'll dream of this place”

Ottenthal Restaurant & Weinhandlung
Ranked #130 of 9,301 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$18 - US$37
Cuisines: Austrian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Arthur Schneller, the proprietor, combines both the traditional and contemporary cuisine of Austria with a mixture of simplicity and finesse. Amongst our specialities one can also find a variety of vegetarian dishes that have the Austrian nuance of sweet and picant. We cook, braise and bake all dishes recent with preferably local and/or organic products!
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I booked in advance as I'd heard good things and wanted our first night in Berlin to be special, I couldn't have picked better.
The atmosphere was just what we needed after a tiring and very cold day. It was quiet when we arrived, it soon filled up with locals, a good sign indeed!
I opted for the deer pate to start and went for the wiener schnitzel, it was delicious, I will never forget it!
I had heard about the complimentary bread and butter, but wow! Gorgeous bread, I could have had just that and been happy. The butter was whipped with sour cream, chives and mash potato... new to me and two days later my tummy is rumbling just thinking about it. I highly recommend Ottenthal. The staff were amazing, lovely and professional people and they made us feel so welcome. We were most impressed.

2  Thank John B

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

The place was really nice lighting and romantic , the staff was more than professional.

I will list it into my must list for the coming visit for sure ,highly recommend !
Cheers,
Fatima

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Great food. Fast service. I enjoyed it. I am a schnitzel lover and this definitely on the top 5 list.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent place with probably the best Schnitzel I've ever had. A reservation is definitely needed, especially when you go with bigger groups for business dinners. The prices are quite high, so expect to pay 20-30 Euros for an entree, which are justified, given the high quality of the ingredients. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We went to Ottenthal on a date night out and as we have a little one home, went relatively early. The place is a small restaurant which can almost be overlooked if walking down Kantstrasse. But the interior is very romantic, service is excellent and their Schnitzel awesome. They feature a great wine selection too.. So, if you like classic Austrian cuisine and appreciate romantic privacy - definitely a great choice