“Unbelievable. In the worst way.”

Pizzeria Ristorante Papa Pane di Sorrento
Ranked #250 of 9,466 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The good, the bad and the remarkably ugly:
- good 4 cheese pizza.
- bad margarita pizza, which had barely any topping and a huge thickness of unflavoured crust.
- bad aperol spritz. I mean really bad. Watered down with zero fizz or flavour.
- ugly service. Messy, dismissive, uncharming. We waited and waited, were asked to move repeatedly but not asked if we were being taken care of. There is a line of people waiting awkwardly down the centre of the noisy restaurant to be seated- why not have a less invasive waiting area? No one could move and it was so very uncomfortable. We almost left at this early point.
- the ugliest; we were actually asked for a tip. He said the price “but this is without my service fee” and then when he put our change on the table he said “you can leave this for my tip.” I have NEVER encountered this in my life and NO I did not think anyone there deserved a cent for a tip.
Unbelievable!!!! We are still reeling from the entire experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The pizza cotto was delicious, service was pretty fast, they have peroni on tap, and the price was reasonable! Very good indeed.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Pasta sticked a bit together. And how can it be not to get a little bit of water from the tube. Was ordering a normal drink and food before I was asking! They were having orders over 20 Euro from me. If you want to take medication and to get a little bit of water how can they say no? I was treated like a poor beggar from the service. How can it be.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is an excellent place for pizzas. probably the best in Berlin and one of the best Pizza places in Germany.
Other dishes are also very good. We tried the Vitello Tonato and it was very special.
The place is very busy and reservations are recommended.Service is good and friendly.
Recommended for Pizza lovers.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

On a snowy night Papa Pane was a welcome escape from the elements. It's a busy and bustling restaurant with welcoming staff. The menu was vast and translated for those of us not well versed in German. The pizza was huge and freshly baked, with a thin and crispy base and loaded with toppings. my husband had the spaghetti carbonara and it was light and creamy without any of the heavy stodge