“Good night out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for birthday meal out on Good Friday evening. As per other reviews, it was VERY busy (we had made a reservation, which was seemed sensible, although I didn't notice anybody having to wait for too long, and certainly nobody gave up). Tables are VERY close together - not an issue for us, and tended to be a line of people waiting to be seated up the middle of the restaurant - again, not an issue for us, but would have been had we been at one of the tables with waiting customers standing over you. Still, pizza was delicious and wine truly delicious. Service slightly patchy, but understandable given how busy it was, and we didn't mind the 'relaxed' pace at all. Excellent value for money and, overall, a really enjoyable night out. Far from high end dining, but you wouldn't come here for that. We wanted an informal meal out with decent food and wine and a lively atmosphere, and that's exactly what we got. We would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Keep an open mind, that way nothing will shock you...Was very (mean it!) busy... Tables are very close to make the most of dining space which is fine by me..I am going there for food, not a private meeting lol... Managed to get a table for three after 10 min wait despite not having a reservation. Italian speaking waiters... Recommended house wines which are good. Had starters and mains(pizza)... Neapolitan style pizza.. good pizza, I suppose paying for the Italian atmosphere I suppose...

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Had a birthday gathering with family, no English menu!!!
No wifi even though network was there!!!
I took a pizza which was very normal like any normal pizzeria.
Price was fair, quality of the food was fine.
Frankly I was expecting more from an Italian Restaurent in taste and services.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We also had a mixed experience. Crude pizza was ok, margarita wasn’t great, price ok , place is noisy. They refuse to serve tap water (which is not illegal in Germany) but it is just outrageous
There are better Italian restaurants in Prenzlauer Berg

....

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The good, the bad and the remarkably ugly:
- good 4 cheese pizza.
- bad margarita pizza, which had barely any topping and a huge thickness of unflavoured crust.
- bad aperol spritz. I mean really bad. Watered down with zero fizz or flavour.
- ugly service. Messy, dismissive, uncharming. We waited and waited, were asked to move repeatedly but not asked if we were being taken care of. There is a line of people waiting awkwardly down the centre of the noisy restaurant to be seated- why not have a less invasive waiting area? No one could move and it was so very uncomfortable. We almost left at this early point.
- the ugliest; we were actually asked for a tip. He said the price “but this is without my service fee” and then when he put our change on the table he said “you can leave this for my tip.” I have NEVER encountered this in my life and NO I did not think anyone there deserved a cent for a tip.
Unbelievable!!!! We are still reeling from the entire experience.