“Excellent food and cozy atmosphere”
Review of Meierei

Meierei
Ranked #192 of 950 Restaurants in Bremen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2014

I've been coming to Bremen for 4 years for work trips and this was my first time to Meierei and it has been one of the best meals I've had in Bremen. I had the lamb steak with an amazing paprika-cream sauce that was so well balanced and the mean was perfectly cooked and tender. Our waiter spoke fantastic English and was really helpful with the menu. I gave this place 5 stars due to the impeccable desserts. I had the tarte au citron and was really impressed with the presentation and attention to detail (pumpkin seed brittle, poppy seed ice cream, choccolate with puffed rice).

The place changed ownership 1 year ago, hence the new menu has much better quality and is really well priced for the quality. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Amy P

Reviewed 23 October 2014

Three of us went for dinner tonight at Meierei. The building is spectacular and the interior beautiful with lots of cosy touches such as a large open fire, fur rugs and cow-skin seats. The waiter was delightful (no English menus but if you need help, they'll guide you) and the service was well paced.

The shrimp soup starter was sublime, as was the bread and butter they placed on the table before our starters. Sadly the meal was badly let down by way too much salt in the main course - monkfish with risotto and wild mushrooms.

As a Brit, I expect food to be saltier on the continent than at home so I checked with my Belgian and German colleagues to see if it was 'just me'. It wasn't. All agreed that this dish which we'd all ordered was far too salty.

Despite this, I'd happily give this place another go but I can't go about 3/5 with such heavy handed seasoning.

1  Thank Koshkha
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a very bad experience with this restaurant. The place is really very nice with around 20 people eating there . . . but they do not work well. We’ve order 5 dishes and said (extra) we have Children who need to eat something very quickly. We’ve paid and waited around 20 minutes. We kindly asked what happened. Answer: “- Don’t worry, we bring your food to table.” We kindly explained that it was the wrong answer to our question und asked again. The new answer: “- We will take a look!”
We had to wait more 15 minutes and . . . guess . . . NO ANSWER.
We had to ask again and our dishes were not done. Than we said we wanted to talk to the Chef, who dropped by to find a solution. After 5 minutes (it means, 40 minutes AFTER we’ve ordered) he said: “-We do not know here is your Order. Say me again what do you want to eat and we will try to do it as soon as possible!”. There was no “- Sorry . . . can we offer you anything while you wait? What may I bring to the Kids? Would you like o drink anything?”
We decided to have our money back and . . . guess again how long it took?
It was really a very, very bad experience and did not represent the very good and responsable work we find in Germany.

1  Thank N A
Reviewed 6 January 2013

No Idea why people find this place relaxed-my family and I didn't! If you and your children are used to sitting straight and very quietly at a very traditionally styled table with starchy white table cloths and silver cutlery-this place is for you. There are no facilities for children at all and the average age of the customer is around 50+. It is old world charm complete with snooty waiters but very average food. While we find the Park Hotel very friendly and relaxing as well as very tolerant to dogs and children we haven't experienced this here at all. Our last visit at the Meierei was in December 2012.
We have now switched quite happily to the much more fun, modern and unpretentious "Cafe am Emma See", where you can watch the wildlife at the lake while eating and you don't have to worry about your children not behaving as there is an excellent play area inside the cafe as well as free crayons and colouring sheets to keep the little ones occupied and give you a more relaxing dining experience.

2  Thank Mira N
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The meierei is in bremens buergerpark and is the cosier sister to the park hotel Bremen restaurant. The atmosphere in the meierei is less pretentious and more cosy. We find it a lovely place to eat for a special occasion as the food is outstanding and in winter the open fireplace gives the place a warm flair.