“Delicious for all senses”
Review of Meierei

Meierei
Ranked #191 of 950 Restaurants in Bremen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Wonderful from the outside, real Christmas atmosphere, wonderful interior, delicious cheesecake, excellent espresso, service as well. We were very satisfied!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Sitting outside or inside you'll find a really beautiful view.
Cake, coffee and food all delicious.
Very friendly service.
Fine interior.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Located in the middle of Burger Park, this restaurant has amazing food and a beautiful view over the park. Went here for dinner on several occasions and was always impressed with food quality.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

I've been coming to Bremen for 4 years for work trips and this was my first time to Meierei and it has been one of the best meals I've had in Bremen. I had the lamb steak with an amazing paprika-cream sauce that was so well balanced and the mean was perfectly cooked and tender. Our waiter spoke fantastic English and was really helpful with the menu. I gave this place 5 stars due to the impeccable desserts. I had the tarte au citron and was really impressed with the presentation and attention to detail (pumpkin seed brittle, poppy seed ice cream, choccolate with puffed rice).

The place changed ownership 1 year ago, hence the new menu has much better quality and is really well priced for the quality. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Amy P
Reviewed 23 October 2014

Three of us went for dinner tonight at Meierei. The building is spectacular and the interior beautiful with lots of cosy touches such as a large open fire, fur rugs and cow-skin seats. The waiter was delightful (no English menus but if you need help, they'll guide you) and the service was well paced.

The shrimp soup starter was sublime, as was the bread and butter they placed on the table before our starters. Sadly the meal was badly let down by way too much salt in the main course - monkfish with risotto and wild mushrooms.

As a Brit, I expect food to be saltier on the continent than at home so I checked with my Belgian and German colleagues to see if it was 'just me'. It wasn't. All agreed that this dish which we'd all ordered was far too salty.

Despite this, I'd happily give this place another go but I can't go about 3/5 with such heavy handed seasoning.

1  Thank Koshkha