“Wonderful restaurant in the Nauener Tor”
Review of Cancello

Cancello
Ranked #15 of 366 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We loved our dinner at this Italian restaurant in the Nauener Tor. You can dine on two stories. The food is freshly cooked, no preservatives and the wine was great as well. The selection of food is great and middle-ranged priced. We would come here again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went there with our family including two children. Our grand daughter ordered pizza and she received a pizza bunny - very cute. My husband asked if dark beer was available which was not the case but the waiter immediately tried to get dark beer and after a short time could offer my husband his favorite drink. I have never come across such a caring restaurant. The food was very good. Great value for money and the venue is centrally located and very cozy.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We met our daughter outside the Nauener Tor with the idea of finding a place to have dinner together. As it happened we were standing next to Cancello and as Italian sounded good and reviews were good we thought we'd give it a try.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and in a very unique space. Started with a pizza as an appetizer, crust was perfect and pizza delicious. Wife had veggie lasagna, daughter a fish dish and on recommendation I had a pasta with goat cheese and fresh fig, delicious!

5 stars not because it's ultra gourmet but because we completely enjoyed it and would definitely go again if in Potsdam. Special shout out to our charming waiter who was very helpful. Don't know his name but he originally was from Iran and spoke excellent English.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

This may seem like one of those reviews that comes from a moaner.....as all of the other reviews are really positive .....but this is the truth of my experience. My husband and I choose this resturant for lunch....looked really nice and the menu suited us. We arrived at about 13:40 and our order was taken within about 10 minutes. We had ordered pizza off the specials menu so imagined that it wouldn't take too long. Then we waited. ..and we waited....and we waited. Eventually we caught the eye of the waitress and she came and advised us that it would be a few more minutes. After al.ost one hour in the restaurant we still had not been served our food. We called a waiter and he said that the chef was on his own and struggling. He could not tell us how much longer our food would be so we got up to leave. He ordered us to sit back down and he would find out how much longer our food would be. We were subsequently advised that it would be 5 more minutes. Meanwhile the parties siting to either side of us were also complaining.....one of these parties was in the restaurant before us and both parties had hungry children with them. Eventually at 14.55 we were served our pizzas. They were good so only reason I've scored 2 stars....but not worth waiting over one hour for.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Great little place. The pizzas were tasty and at a reasonable price. The restaurant is in a great location in the new gate at the end of the shopping area so is great for lunch or an early dinner. I had the pizza buffala which was with really high quality mozzarella. As someone who has lived in Italy I recommend this. If you come to the restaurant try and sit on the top floor. There us a really comfortable booth at the back where we sat for hours - so comfortable!