“A treasure!!!”
Review of The Greek

The Greek
Ranked #562 of 4,072 Restaurants in Hamburg
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We accidentally found this restaurant during a raining night in Hamburg. As a Greek and a food lover, i was not really excited to eat Greek food in Hamburg but we didn't really have a choice. My mood totally changed when i laid my eyes on the menu and realized that this place is not the typical Greek restaurant. We ordered two starters and two mains and we were blown away by the taste and the mood for innovation. We could taste the freshness of the ingredients and we could tell that they were very carefully chosen. Moreover the service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Cherry on top : great value for money. Since my first visit i am always visiting this restaurant whenever i am in Hamburg and every time i am even more surprised and delighted. I definitely recommend the pastitsio interpretation, a very interesting twist on the traditional Greek pastitsio pasta. If you are searching for a cheap quality traditional ''gyroslike' Greek restaurant this is not the place. If you are searching for a great food experience, inspired by the Greek cuisine, and a place where innovation meats taste while respecting the customer by choosing to actually use the best fresh ingredients without overpricing them, then i totally recommend this place to you, either you are local or a tourist.

1  Thank Victoria S

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. However, the food lets it down. They are aiming for modern or more refined Greek food but fall short in flavour, portion size and cost. The mixed starters were very small portions and a bit bland but ok. The real issue was the mains. The lamb souvlaki was mostly raw with an odd flavour and I couldn't eat it (I like pink lamb but this was very rare and chewy). The waiter asked if everything was ok when he cleared it away, I told him the problem and he just said "thank you". No apology, offers to replace or not to include in bill - it was charged for. Note that if you were hungry you would need to order two or some side dishes (although none on menu).

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Despite what people might say about service today I had a great experience. It was no crowded and service from staff was so friendly and promt it made me feel comfortable since I steep in.
Every dish we ordered was delicious and well served. Worth the price paid considering is not expensive than it he places we've gone. Wines were excellent as well. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We was here for dinner and its was a joke. So poor service and the food was not tasty at all. This is a tourist trap.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here on a Tuesday evening, the place was not even half full, probably 4 or 5 tables. The waiter was unhappy when we ordered just a dish each, no starter; anyway after an hour of waiting a second waiter came along asking how the food was.... once we told that n food had arrived yet they confirmed the order had been lost ! No apologise was ever done.
At the moment to pay the bill I asked for a free desert or a discount, which was denied since " we are a top restaurant, we do not do discount...."
So I will avoid this place unless the service get more customer oriented.
Really unbelievable.