“Best Wiener Schnitzel in town”
Review of Tschebull

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hamburg-Altstadt
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

There may be more Austrian restaurants in Hamburg competing for this title, but the Wiener Schnitzel I had here for lunch was really outstanding. The service was discrete and attentive. My wife and friend also enjoyed their choices.
The prices are on the upper side but not excessive.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I went to Tschebull while visiting Hambourg with a gourmet cousin. We wanted to try an Australian restaurant to eat Wiener schnitzel and goulash.
Food was good and very well served. The service, well I would expect more. I felt scammed to be honest. We ordered two glasses of wine , one for each, and did not want to drink too much alcohol because we were running a triathlon the following day. When we got the bill, we noticed that they charged each one a double glass of wine (22 ml instead of 11 ml), while we did not even order this. By the way, I travel quite often, but it was the first time I saw double glasses of wine in a restaurant menu.

Of course the customers cannot realize the difference when they get their glasses. I had the feeling they do it on purpose, because you pay twice the price . The server could have asked which size of glass we would like, for instance.
Maybe I am wrong, but in the doubt I prefer not to return... and to warn you about this strange practice!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

In an elegant arcade very well located on a first floor is this restaurant. Fine German food and very good wines. It is nice to get together with local people. I recommend a meat cooked in broth which is a delight.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We weren't able to book a table (full), but went there anyways hoping there had been cancellations. When we got there they had several free tables. We ordered the schnitzel and the cheese dumplings as main courses. Really tasty, but kind of pricy. The service was spot on, and the location was good. If you look for a fancy place that serves german/bavarian food, we do recommend.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I was wondering whether I had come to the correct restaurant. I tried the Summer Set Menu. What a disaster!!! Salty, uninspired food, badly implemented, badly presented. Is this nouvelle cuisine? No! Is this austrian cuisine? No. Salty Risotto with sugar peas made from unboiled rice. Salty trout drowned in a dreadful salty sauce of avocado. Unbelievably bad goulash with a poched egg that reminded me of an egg left in the microwave. And an almond cake that the neighborhood bakery would had made it better. Maybe it was a bad day for the chef. Probably it isn't worth it in general. I was so eager to come to Tschebull in view of the wonderful reviews. At the end, I would have preferred to dine at Mc Donalds or have opted for Schnitzel (Difficult to get it wrong). But why pay 30 euros for a Schnitzel, you can easily prepare at home?