“Great Syrian food”

Ranked #69 of 4,072 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

It was a family visit. We sat just next to the water under beautiful sun. Everything we ordered was great, falafel, shawarma etc. We did not order any dessert as we were full after our meal. Staff is very friendly and helpful when we had to rearrange our sun umbrella.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived in Hamburg this morning and explored the City Centre alone to get my bearings in a new city and adjust time zones . Suddenly famished, I stopped at this little Middle Eastern cafe because it was handy ( a block from the Rathaus) and had pretty views. I had no expectations - just admired a big tabouleh salad on someone's table as I walked by.
I was in for a treat. The Syrian food offered is made of the freshest ingredients. I had very tasty chicken shawarma lunch for 16.50 euros. Fresh, paper thin pita bread and an interestingly seasoned yogurt dip started the meal. The chicken was brown & juicy, with a variety of fresh herbs , and arrrived with a lightly dressed mixed green salad. Afterwards, a small slice of halva sprinkled with a few fresh pomegranate seeds and diced pistachio made the perfect sweet mouthful as a delicious ending to my meal. A couple sitting next to me let me take a picture of their mezze plate which looked heavenly. Inside the tiny cafe, there are other Middle Eastern dishes on display, all looking like the vegetable garden was just a few steps away.
I highly recommend Saliba for lunch or for dinner. The service was friendly and responsive. They have vegetarian offerings. My German is nonexistent , so I was thankful that most of the staff spoke enough English for ordering to be easy.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

View and location were superb. Being very familiar with middle eastern cuisine and taste, I can say without exaggerating that the taste is authentic, very well presented and ABSOLUTELY delicious. The service was also great. The waiters were very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend it for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We went there yesterday with my best friends. We booked it 1 hour before arrival and there was place even though the restaurant was really busy.

SPACE: restaurant is very elegant with middle easter accents, really good atmosphere. Tables were BEAUTIFULLY decorated with fresh rose flakes.

STAFF: super polite and friendly and patient :) the menus are both in german and English.

FOOD: many choices, even for vegetarians. I am not a fan of meat but ordered shaorma and loved it and tried my friend's lamb with blue cheese sause: BEST I EVER ATE! so delicate!

PRICE: I was expecting to pay more. Happily surprised :) worth every penny

TIP: if you're going there you have to try the mezza shared starters!!!!

I haven't got that excited about the food for a long time...

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Four friends and I visited Saliba tonight. The tables were bare when we sat down and the waiter set about decorating them with rose petals and what looked like red lentils and black seeds of some sort, as well as tea light candles in little glasses! Quite effective. Upstairs is decorated beautifully with wooden windows and is quite evocative of the middle east.
We ordered mezze to share, and shortly afterwards the waiter set out 16 small bowls, each with something different to try. All of it was delicious, and was helped by the warm, freshly made flatbread.
We made pretty short work of all that and the main courses arrived shortly afterwards. Silence descended as we all made inroads into the main courses, which everyone agreed were wonderful. I had the lamb - beautiful little lollipop lamb cutlets, cooked perfectly with lots of spices and taste, rice with nuts and some veggies on the side. Perfect.
We couldn't eat any more so didn't get to try any of the desserts. Wait staff were just the right level of attentive and with a bottle of red to share and some water my share came to 50 euros, which I thought was pretty reasonable.