“Very good choice, recommended by all means”

Tiefenthal Bar Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 4,120 Restaurants in Hamburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Corner German style all day cafe bar restaurant. We made a reservation for two, which they understood it for next day, however we were lucky that we found directly a table for two, w/o having originally a reservation. The place around 8:15 pm was full, the atmosphere really good and stylish (nice paintings on the wall). The service was very good, the waitresses spoke English fluently, the food was also very good. Try the Wiener schnitzel and the Wurst plate, both are really good. Fully recommended for a dinner full of German style atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I'm completely torn about writing this review...help other people enjoy the wonderful experience I had *or simply keep them away so the placed isn't mobbed when I want to go?* Not very charitable, I admit. A friend brought me to this lovely little spot because it was already her favorite place in town. It's small, cozy, decorated in traditional bistro style with wood paneling and white tablecloths. The wait staff is charming and fluent in English. The food is excellent continental with lovely twists and combinations. I can't recommend it enough - the kind of place everyone wishes were just at the end of their block.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Best spargel this season. Very nicely prepared. Went for the schnitzel together and both were outstanding. Enjoyed a nice Pfeffenheimer Riesling as well. Perfect outdoor seating area and the weather cooperated fully. Outstanding.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Was here with my familiy for dinner. The service was as good as we hoped, and the food and drinks the same. Very good athmosphere, and you should make an reservation if you gonna eat on a Friday or Saturday. Good value for money.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I was at a conference in Hamburg and three of my local friends took three of us to eat dinner at Tiefenthal. We had some amazing wine and wonderfully-prepared appetizers. I ordered the wiener schnitzel for my main course. They offered two sizes, small and large. The server did not speak English and one of my friends acted as a translator. I asked how large the portions were. It looked like the large was the size of a plate, so I ordered the small. When it came, it was almost as big as the plate. I'm glad I didn't order the large (although I wonder if my friend ordered the large for me anyway!). Regardless, it was cooked perfectly and a real treat. I highly recommend this restaurant.