“Classic and Delicious”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Eimsbüttel
Reviewed 11 April 2017

OK I ordered Wiener Schnitzel...I'm in Germany...I needed a classic food fix! It was one of the best I've ever eaten...simple. Started with the fish soup and would have licked the bowl but my manners stopped me. Had a gorgeous red wine suggested by the staff...big and delicious. It isn't near anything...you need to make it a destination. No, they do not take reservations. Yes, the place is very small. If you are a foodie - go. And the staff are friendly even though English is not fluent...I went for a German experience and it was wonderful.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 22 November 2016

This is an excellent, perhaps the best restaurant of Hamburg.
Excellent starters, wonderful main dishes, brilliant Topfenknödel. There is a certain risk: you can get addicted to this place, its waiters, its food, its guests, its ambience. This is THE PLACE!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Always great service and yummy food - this week's special (deer) was delicious, with a bottle of nice italian wine even better. To avoid waiting, it is best to arrive either at 6:30 or at 8:30pm.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This Austrian restaurant is located near the Messe along a neighborhood street. Kind of hidden but worth the find. The restaurant is small and loud because it was packed all night and it was Tuesday. That must tell you the food is excellent. The meals are home cooked by a chef and 5 assistants in the small kitchen. All the meals were cooked as they are ordered, so be patient. The tables are close (almost touching each other) so intimate discussions are not recommended. All the people around us were friendly and many lived in the area. The appetizers were left up to the server to decide and the selection was excellent especially the calamari in spicy tomato sauce. Our true Veal schnitzel was awesome as was the potato salad. Great place.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I was here with my son and his girl friend, who live in Hamburg. They said the only way to get a table was to arrive early, so we came an hour early and sat sipping wine. Our wait was worth every minute. The food and service was superb. We shared a table with another couple, who were delightful. We all enjoyed each others' company and had great fun comparing our dishes.

Date of visit: May 2016