Review Highlights
Luxury spa at a Luxury Price

Luxury spa with nice salt water pool and a large Manschaft his and her sauna. Some what expensive... read more

Reviewed 2 October 2017
RICHARD B
Nice massage!

We had a aromatic massage and a foot and leg massage. The staff wads very friendly and pict... read more

Reviewed 14 June 2016
Irina B
Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile

All reviews nice salt water pool steam room their website hay luxury massage
Reviewed 5 April 2015

From the looks of it, and the price they charge, I was really expecting more than it had to offer. Being built as a palace and not a spa, the getting around inside can be a bit confusing. Get a map from reception cause you will need it.
I was a bit disappointed in the basic services it had to offer. It only has one pool, not that big either, and several different types of steam/dry baths, but nothing too exciting and I found the steam to be very low in it.
The place of course is really nice inside and if you are looking for additional services like massages (which I didn't try) I'm sure it will make the experience worth it. But I wouldn't bother again for just the pool/steam baths.

Date of experience: December 2014
2  Thank oliverwidengren
Reviewed 15 March 2015

We were there on a Friday afternoon. It was not busy at all and we were treated exactly as we wanted. It is quite expensive, but we both felt we got our money's worth. We knew there wasn't a hot sauna there - the Kur isn't about extremes - it is about relaxation, and it certainly did the trick for us!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Wonderful variety of "rooms" offering different spa experiences. My favourite is the Straw Steam room! try it

Date of experience: September 2011
2  Thank MrsT209
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This spa is very nicely set up an very clean but the only problem is that the sauna temperatures are so low in all their saunas (I did not see any over 50 C and I went into all of them) that it is not worth going if you really want to feel some heat and get a good sweat. It is also expensive (25 Euros) compared to the Taunus Therme spa nearby (13 Euros) which has a large assortment of saunas and pools where temperatures in the saunas range up to 95 C.
The ice bath is also really nothing but a pile of ice which you have to grab by the hand and rub awkwardly on your body. I much preferred the cold water bucket rinse at Taunus Therme.
It does not have a gym whereas Taunus Therme does.
Kur-Royal does have a nice salt water pool to relax in.
I would not recommend it as there are better less expensive options close by.

Date of experience: June 2011
7  Thank MP4411
Reviewed 7 November 2010

it is all very organised, clean. We were there on thursday and it was really quiet. We had a lovely drink of the day with yoghurt and hagebutten, and then had a haysteambath, which was really a lot of fun. We didnt try any of the extra treatments, as the time just flew by. could have easily spend longer, but its not cheap. 25 euro per 2 hours. They have a package that you can have breakfast or lunch there too. Its all very civilized and clean. all in bikini if you are not keen on going naked.

1  Thank Hippyjane