“Two very good things”

Ranked #37 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Riga, Latvia
“Two very good things”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

There are two things why I'd come back to this hotel. First - the silence. The hotel though in airport, offered more silence than any city hotel I have ever stayed in. Second - the breakfast. Spring rolls and fresh salmon with excellent sauce and vegetables, a mix of fresh fruits - i was happy every morning. The closeness to airport and bahns is an asset as well.
The rooms are just fine though - quite spacious, but a bit worn I'd say.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Susurs
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Susurs,

I would like to thank you for your friendly words. I appreciate very much that you wrote down what you like about our hotel. You are right, our rooms are soundproof; guests will not hear any noise. And thank you also for commending our breakfast. We know that our breakfast guarantees the perfect start into the day.

I hope you have already planned your next trip to Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This was honestly a bad experience and the complaints I made to Starwood’s following my stay fell on deaf ears.
I needed to stay in Frankfurt for just one night to catch an early morning flight to Milan the next day. It was logical to stay at the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton but this was a bad choice.
This hotel is huge and it was hard to initially find the reception from the airport station. It was then quite a long walk to the room. The temperature was above 25C outside and a little hotter in the room. For about 45 min I tried to make the air conditioning work but to no avail so I called the front desk to report the broken AC. In about 10 minutes a man arrived with an electric heater! I told him that the AC was not working and that I was too hot not too cold. He appeared puzzled by this. The man then came into the room and removed a section of the ceiling near the door which dropped a pile of plaster and dust into the room and my luggage.
It was decided that the AC could not be fixed so I would be allocated another room. I set about re-packing my bags. I then received a call telling me to meet their staff at the lifts. I lost my cool and told them that I needed a porter be sent to collect my bags and the clothes that I had already hung on coat hangers. The new room was again a long walk away.
I settled into the new room, with functioning AC and ran a bath. The water in the bath was brown so I ran both the tap and the shower for about 30 min until it finally ran clear.
This was a very expensive hotel and the standards they have for maintenance and service are very poor.
Oh, and the food in the hotel restaurant was rubbish too.

Room Tip: Try the Hilton
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 2painfull
Dear 2painfull,

I regret that we did not fulfill your expectation. We will gladly take your points of criticism to heart. I would be happy to assist you myself with your next reservation at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me so that I can make sure you will receive our highest attention.

Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The location is absolute top if you want to stay at the airport. It's connected via a walkway to the departure hall of the airport. When entering the hotel don't make the mistake to go to the first front desk check-in because this is only for airline staff. For the regular check-in you'll have to find your way through a large corridor. When you are a starwood preferred guest use this check-in! It will save you a lot of time. There were 2 persons for the check-in + 1 for preferred guest, a huge waiting line and it was really going slowly so be prepared. The reception area (and also the other area's in the hotel) is a very open space but without any character, there is a cold atmosphere all over the hotel.
The rooms are a good size with minibar. Downdise is that the lighting in the room is poor, I ahd to put on all lights to see enough. You cannot hear the outside noices only thing is the sound of the elevator.
The meeting rooms are very good, well equipped but the catering is nothing special.
If you have the choice of eating somewhere, don't go in the estaurant of the hotel. Not so much choice and way to expensive, 27€ for a regular schnitzel! If you can go to the city (around half an hour by train) for eating.
Overall an average good business hotel or for a stay-over at the airport but not if you want to sightseeing the city or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ineke_Belgium
SaschaKonter, General Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Ineke_Belgium,

Thank you very much for your review.

Yes, our location is really not the best for a romantic getaway, but if you need to catch an early flight we are the perfect place to stay. The convenience of the short walking distance between our hotel and the airport is unbeatable.

I am surprised to read your comments in regards to our restaurant “Taverne”. We offer a variety of delicious Hessian delicacies. Some dishes are available for only EUR 10.00 or so.

Maybe you want to give it another try at your next stay?

Best regards,

sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We all hate airport hotels.Because of Lufthansa flights hubbing in Frankfurt I have overnighted many times here. Other hotels may be smaller, may be cheaper, but whatever they say their shuttles never come when you want them to. The advantage of walking straight from the terminal to your room, esp. after a long flight is just too great.
The rooms are always clean, somewhat characterless, the reception service will vary depending on whom you get,and though next to the airport, absolutely no noise

Room Tip: Don't bother booking a suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear bigvicSydney,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as the place to stay between flights. I appreciate that you have already stayed here several times.

We look forward to your next stay!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a very well located hotel, right on Terminal 1. We had a morning flight the following day and arrived quite late in the evening at the hotel.
Arriving at the hotel could be a bit confusing if you come from Terminal 2 by skytrain (as we had loads of luggage and the skytrain does not permit trolleys and also the elevators to the skytrain were quite small, the trolley barely fit inside), but after this "adventure" we managed to get to the hotel.
Being already late in the evening and our son being tired we went directly to bed, didn't go to any of the restaurants or bars in the lobby (although I noticed they looked good and fancy).
All I can say is beds are comfy, rooms sound proofed and bathrooms clean and spacious enough. Service at front desk was fast. I would stay here again if I'll ever travel to/from Frankfurt Airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear obsessedbytravelling,

We are very pleased that you stayed at our hotel. It cannot get easier to take a flight when you can relax while other travelers are still stuck in traffic.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will soon return for another stopover.

Best regards,

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
0.2 km away
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,330 reviews
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#44 of 268 in Frankfurt

Been to Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!