Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
US$126
US$118
Travelocity
4,312 results
All reviewsfrankfurt airportsports barcigar loungeclub rooman early flightbetween flightsbusiness centerconvenient locationsalemdavidoffavtoconveniencecostasspgtraingermanyplane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I've stayed at both the Hilton Garden Inn / Frankfurt Airport and Hilton / Frankfurt airport many, many times over the past couple of years, but this time I decided to give the Sheraton a try (after linking my Marriott Rewards account to my SPG account and getting SPG gold status). I was less than impressed. It's an obviously older hotel, and it's really starting to show its' age (especially when compared to the brand new Hiltons not more than a 5 minute walk away). I figured being Gold status would get me SOMETHING (at Marriotts, I always get lounge access with my Marriott Gold status, and often times room upgrades), no matter my room rate. But at the Sheraton? Nothing whatsoever was offered to me in recognition of my SPG Gold status. I was placed on a "SPG" floor, but honestly...my first impression after walking out of the elevator to floor 6 was "wow...this place is kinda dumpy.....can't even imagine what the non-"SPG floor" rooms are like!!! Maybe I've just been spoiled with the newness of the Hiltons.....but honestly, I think I would have felt this way even if I had never stayed at the FRA Hiltons. The Sheraton is in desperate need of a major renovation. SPG also needs to take a hint from Marriott Rewards and do a better job of recognizing their Gold members. Needless to say, I won't be returning to the FRA airport Sheraton.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Ajcopley

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to read that your latest stay did not match the quality you are used to know from Marriott hotels. This definitely does not reflect our standards and we understand that this incident made you consider visiting us again. Please be assured that we value all our guests both SPG and non SPG and a comfortable room is essential for our guests to feel welcome and to enjoy the time they spend with us. With 1008 rooms we constantly try to keep up with the expectations of modern travelers and regularly plan renovations. Whenever available we give free room upgrades to our SPG Gold and Platinum Members. However the Lounge access is only included upon Platinum status with the SPG program. Once again, we are very sorry we have not been able to give you the warm feeling of a home far away from home, which you deserved. We hope that you will give us another chance next time you visit Frankfurt to proof that this was an exception. Please do not hesitate to write us a private message with your booking number so we can take personal care of your reservation.

Thank you and it would be our pleasure to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

On our way from Romania to Canada, we stopped for an overnight layover in Frankfurt, so we had decided to stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, which has proven a very good choice, since we have had a great dinner at the Taverne, the breakfast before the long flight over the Atlantic was amazing, and the bed comfortable, room clean... All in all, definitely a very convenient place to stay on your way to pretty much anywhere.

Room Tip: Go for the runway view, and do not take the simplest room, it is rather small.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mihai_Opriscan
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mihai_Opriscan,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am very happy that you had a great time during your stay. Our guest rooms are indeed ideal to get some rest between two flights. Our Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience® Beds and soundproof windows guarantee a comfortable night and a great start into the day. Moreover, our guest rooms with runway views are particularly popular among our guests and a great choice if you like watching air planes. Furthermore, all our restaurants and bars are fantastic places to spend your time at while enjoying amazing food and drinks. That is why I am happy that you enjoyed your dinner as well as your breakfast the next morning before continuing your long journey. Again, thank you very much for your visit. We hope that you had a pleasant flight to Canada and would love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I´m staying here everytime I have a business trip to Frankfurt. Beside the optimal location (directly at the aiport with supermarket/foodcourt) the service at the hotel is superb. FrontDesk ist sometimes stressed, especially when passengers with vouchers are checking in, but is staying kind and friendly when it´s your turn to checkin.
SPG Platinum treatment is one of the best I had in Germany, Lounge has almost a full breakfast and dinner, upgrade policy depends on avaibility and you have to ask for it. Besides that the unique Sportsbar enhancement (free drinks until 11pm as platinum!!!!) and service from the crew around Salum, Avto and Ben is brilliant. They serve a complete full bar on a champions league evening with 3-4 people and have a very quick and efficent service where everyone receives a warm welcome (which comes from heart). When I go out with friends on weekends and have the usual "normal german" service I tell everyone that they should visit the Sportsbar to witness and see a superb service.

Room Tip: As a SPG Plat ask for a room on the Lounge floor.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bleify

Dear Bleify,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your business trips and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are indeed very conveniently located with a direct connection to Terminal 1 and lots of shops nearby. Moreover, I am very happy that you enjoyed our Sheraton Club Lounge with its numerous benefits and the time you spent at our Sports Bar. I am particularly glad about your kind words regarding our staff members. Ben and the whole team are always doing their best to make our guests feel comfortable while offering the best service possible. Therefore, I am very happy to hear that you appreciated their service and hospitality. Again, thank you very much for your loyalty. We hope that you had a pleasant rest of your journey and we are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Frankfurt.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Perfect place if you need to layover at Frankfurt. The hotel is literally across the street from the terminal! There is an elevated walkway connecting the terminal to the hotel. No need for a taxi or shuttle bus .The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The room was spotless. The view was spectacular if you like to watch airplanes. Depending upon where your room is located, the modest price of a room includes your own personal airshow! There are restaurants on site, but I didn't try them. Instead, I used the elevator located in the walkway to go down to the shopping mall, where there are many restaurants, shops and a full service grocery!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear june s,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy about your amazing feedback and rating. We are indeed very conveniently located – Terminal 1 and the train station are both easily accessible. From the train station it is only a 15-20 minute ride to Frankfurt city center. Therefore, you can use your spare time to do a little shopping or sightseeing. Moreover, I am glad you enjoyed the view from your room on the airport´s runway. Rooms with our special view are particularly popular among our guests and are always great to relax before taking a long flight. Furthermore, our restaurants and bars are great places to spend your free time at while enjoying great food and drinks. Our team will be happy to welcome you and offer recommendations. Again, thank you very much for your visit. We hope that you had a pleasant rest of your journey and we would love to welcome you back upon your next stay at Frankfurt Airport.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I’ve stayed here a few times due to its location and it’s a pretty good hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable and the duvet heavy which I like. It occurred to me on this visit that it’s not very well signposted until you go up to departures so I think that’s something the hotel should think of, especially if you’re arriving at T1 A2 for example.

The fridge in my room was terribly noisy and it took some negotiation to get the hotel to unplug it (it’s one of those annoying auto charging fridges so I was vaguely sympathetic) but the racket was annoying. I don’t understand why hotels don’t get this. It’s like noisy aircon (Marriott, I’m talking to you!)

I had a great sleep, but not enough time to grab breakfast as it was an early departure so can’t comment there.

Staff were friendly upon check in.

See you next trip.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mr_Ralf_Stresing, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear anduain,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed the night in our Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience® Bed. They are in fact very popular among our guests which is why they can even be purchased via our Sheraton Online Shop. However, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the refrigerator in your guest room and that the noise was bothering you. Please be assured that we will make sure to consider your feedback for our future renovations that are already being planned. Moreover, I apologize for the confusion of finding the way to our hotel from the airport. Unfortunately, we cannot do much about the signage at the airport but are in steady contact with Frankfurt Airport authorities who are in charge of this issue in order to improve the current situation. Again, thank you very much for your visits during the past. We hope that you had a pleasant rest of your journey and we would love to welcome you back upon your next stay at Frankfurt Airport.