“As you would expect an Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North
Ranked #106 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel, was a regular Holiday Inn, with the kind of rooms and service you would expect. I have stayed so much at holiday inn's, that I am used and spoilt by them, and I am not able to write anything about it.
The staff is friendly, the breakfast spread is great, and they have a shuttle to the airport.
Overall a great experience

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 November 2011

The obvious reason once stays at this hotel is either a flight cancellation or a short trip so that you can catch the flight easily. The hotel is in a good location - a little deep in the forest (might be difficult to find without GPS). The food is good (i tried only breakfast); but the bar & restaurants looked good.
I will say 'worth the money' if you are on a business trip.

Make sure to note the shuttle timings. Although, taxi is not so costly as well (around 25 Euro)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2011

It was one night business stay. To be clear - I like Holiday Inn chain - very solid and never disappointing. This one was though. Location is no-where. Hard to get to even by car equipped with the GPS. I might have missed that but I saw nothing around - nowhere to go out. What has surprise me was that hotel was somewhat not clean as all Holiday Inns I know are - this concerns public areas in particular - lobby and corridors. Room itself was clean but literally the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Comparably small were only rooms @15-20GBP in the pubs in the UK. I was a bit shocked. Happily sleepy enough not to care too much. Bed and pillows - as always in Holiday - great. We had a dinner in the hotel restaurant. My colleague and I had a rib-eye steak. They mixed up raw and medium made which did not matter that much as both were very similar anyway. They were quite tasty, at least significant eatable part of them. Breakfast (included in the rate) was ok, however I would have thought Germans have food good enough not to necessarily pretend English breakfast. The biggest disappointment came while checking out. I did it, and when I was just about to leave the reception desk, the telephone rang. The receptionist picked up without paying any attention to me leaving the desk and saying 'thanks and bye'. I went to the restaurant to have the breakfast. After the breakfast, I was waiting at the lobby for the courtesy hotel bus to bring me to the airport. What was my surprise that somebody (receptionist) call out my name and said: 'you forgot your credit card'. Indeed I forgot but I believe she forgot even more while picking up the phone mentioned earlier. New boyfriend? She did not bother to find my when she realized I left my card. Very relaxed indeed. I really lost my temper there and it was not pleasant conversation. To summarize: a bit too many disappointments as for one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2011

There is a shuttle bus but its quicker to get a taxi (20 euro). The rooms are fine classic HI but with a Germanic twist. Nice bar with good food and a super buffet dinner and an especially good breakfast. Its in the middle of a forest so great air quality, Its close to the airport and the train line so rooms at the back can be a bit noisy if you open the window.

Room Tip: Pick the ones at the front.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Sent here from Lufthansa when they cancelled my flight. My first reaction was to expect a dumpy Holiday Inn like we have in the states. Instead we found an excellent resort. Multiple restaurants, a bar, perfectly clean restrooms and common areas. The service was top notch. The room was plenty big and comfortable. Only complaint would be the cost for internet which is kind of high.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank faxdoctor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport
#43 of 270 in Frankfurt
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
#58 of 270 in Frankfurt
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#1 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Sachsenhausen-Süd
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
#113 of 270 in Frankfurt

Been to Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North? Share your experiences!