Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City South
Hotel Excelsior(Frankfurt)
US$102
US$68
  • Breakfast included
NH Frankfurt Niederrad(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$61
NH Hotels
US$157
US$147
US$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NH Frankfurt Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$74
Frankfurt Marriott Hotel(Frankfurt)
US$138
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$96
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshotel shuttleihg memberadjoining roomsmorning flightdecent hotelhotel is locatedhotel barbreakfast buffetmini barshort staysingle roomstopovertransitairlinemesse
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The obvious reason once stays at this hotel is either a flight cancellation or a short trip so that you can catch the flight easily. The hotel is in a good location - a little deep in the forest (might be difficult to find without GPS). The food is good (i tried only breakfast); but the bar & restaurants looked good.
I will say 'worth the money' if you are on a business trip.

Make sure to note the shuttle timings. Although, taxi is not so costly as well (around 25 Euro)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2011

It was one night business stay. To be clear - I like Holiday Inn chain - very solid and never disappointing. This one was though. Location is no-where. Hard to get to even by car equipped with the GPS. I might have missed that but I saw nothing around - nowhere to go out. What has surprise me was that hotel was somewhat not clean as all Holiday Inns I know are - this concerns public areas in particular - lobby and corridors. Room itself was clean but literally the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Comparably small were only rooms @15-20GBP in the pubs in the UK. I was a bit shocked. Happily sleepy enough not to care too much. Bed and pillows - as always in Holiday - great. We had a dinner in the hotel restaurant. My colleague and I had a rib-eye steak. They mixed up raw and medium made which did not matter that much as both were very similar anyway. They were quite tasty, at least significant eatable part of them. Breakfast (included in the rate) was ok, however I would have thought Germans have food good enough not to necessarily pretend English breakfast. The biggest disappointment came while checking out. I did it, and when I was just about to leave the reception desk, the telephone rang. The receptionist picked up without paying any attention to me leaving the desk and saying 'thanks and bye'. I went to the restaurant to have the breakfast. After the breakfast, I was waiting at the lobby for the courtesy hotel bus to bring me to the airport. What was my surprise that somebody (receptionist) call out my name and said: 'you forgot your credit card'. Indeed I forgot but I believe she forgot even more while picking up the phone mentioned earlier. New boyfriend? She did not bother to find my when she realized I left my card. Very relaxed indeed. I really lost my temper there and it was not pleasant conversation. To summarize: a bit too many disappointments as for one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2011

There is a shuttle bus but its quicker to get a taxi (20 euro). The rooms are fine classic HI but with a Germanic twist. Nice bar with good food and a super buffet dinner and an especially good breakfast. Its in the middle of a forest so great air quality, Its close to the airport and the train line so rooms at the back can be a bit noisy if you open the window.

Room Tip: Pick the ones at the front.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Sent here from Lufthansa when they cancelled my flight. My first reaction was to expect a dumpy Holiday Inn like we have in the states. Instead we found an excellent resort. Multiple restaurants, a bar, perfectly clean restrooms and common areas. The service was top notch. The room was plenty big and comfortable. Only complaint would be the cost for internet which is kind of high.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank faxdoctor
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I chose this hotel because I needed a hotel close to Frankfurt airport because I had an early flight the following morning. At first the hotel looked great and I thought the 75 Euro would be worth it. However, I soon found out that I must pay 11 Euro per night for parking and 13 Euro for the internet access. I was already gone by the time breakfast opened, but you have to pay for that, too! The room was small, by cozy. Problem was with the office area...it was basically a small table next to the TV (not a flat screen, so it took up some room). The A/C was turned to it's lowest setting and I was still warmer than I would like. If I could have opened the window like in most other Germany hotels, it would have been fine; but I could not. If I must make an early flight again out of Frankfurt, I will choose a different hotel next time. If I was not traveling for business, I would have been very upset with the amount of money paid for what was received. Hotel guests should not have to pay for on-site parking and internet should be free at 75 Euro a night. I came from spending 2 weeks in a hotel about 150km south of here where I received free parking, free wireless internet, and breakfast all for 55 Euro per day

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business