“Good location”

Hotel Schweizer Hof
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Kassel
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Arrived at about 1am after late flight and 2 hour drive,when buzzed security intercom was told we were not booked!
Had booking ref in my bag,after I quoted this,were allowed inside,then had to wait again while it was checked.
Room good enough,no cleaning for 1st day? Asked for wifi code,major issue,asked not to send too many emails!
Breakfast was really good,lots of choices,loved it all.
Ask for free tram ticket,well worth it as tram directly across street.
Lovely restaurant next door,baguettes are yummy!!

Room Tip: Not sure,ours was basic,had hob but not any pans,wonder why?
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My three sisters and myself stayed at the Schweizer Hof for 4 weeks. We loved the hotel, staff, and area of Kassel. It was located in a wonderful area for walks, food, coffee, bus & train location, shopping, and quiet relaxing atmosphere. No matter what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go we were close to everything - including car rental. The staff helped us with everything and treated us very well. Because we stayed long term we had the best price on the cost of the room and breakfast buffet. I would go and stay there again and use it as a central location and travel from there. It was so economical to stay there that I would consider a longer vacation to have the same great price. What you save on a room it makes it economical to stay longer. The Schweizer Hof was the only place that I could find that had apartment style rooms. We had a double bed and brought in two fold out beds. We had a two burner stove, fridge, room cleaning once a week, wifi (extra charge but, very reasonable), and a restaurant with wonderful reasonably priced food right next door. Most staff spoke great English. Tina was our tour adviser, car rental adviser, and basically helped above and beyond. I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. Oh yeah, did I say that it was clean and very comfortable. I you're there for a long or short term visit this is the best choice. It's like a 4 star hotel. The buffet brunch is delicious with many choices.Thank you Schweizer Hof. Kim

Room Tip: We stayed in room 38 right at the end of a hallway. It had two leather chairs that we could sit at...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Tiny rooms, but clean and functional. Good breakfast, positive and helpful staff. I attended a course, the facilities are well suited for this with timely deliveries of coffee and refreshments. The sleep quality will probably improve if you ask for a room with a view to the inner court, avoiding the noise from traffic.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sorgard
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I was booked into the Schweizer Hof as part of a conference group, and was naturally apprehensive when I read the extremely negative reviews. We were assured that we would all be commodated in the newly-renovated front section, not in the back Boarding House which appears to be the focus of the critical comments. This promise was kept. I moved rooms to avoid traffic noise at the front, which could be obtrusive for light sleepers on warm nights when windows are left open. The front room was larger but well appointed, albeit with a rather garish carpet pattern. My back room was more compact with an ingenious rotating TV-safe-wardrobe unit which functioned well. Both rooms were perfectly adequate. The breakfast buffet was good German quality with an excellent range of cereals, fruit and cold cuts. I found the front desk staff friendly and responsive. One warning: the back rooms use a room card to control the lights; if you go out forgetting, you may be asked for 20 Euros for a replacement!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front main section. Ask for a back room if a light sleeper. Do not go the ba...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed there during a business trip, first room was in the extension of the hotel, filthy stained carpet, dirty grey curtains, cooking facilities in the room and horrible smoke smell! I went to reception and asked for a different room, luckily I was able to change to one of the newly renovated rooms. Clean, fesh, modern. Fine to stay - so if you plan to stay make sure u ask for a new room in the main building!!!! The restaurant, lunch and breakfast was fine. The conference facilities were good. The hotelstaff could be a little bit more friendly and attentive, they all seemed busy with things...a seemed to run away when they saw a guest:-). It's a good hotel for the price category and a good location if you reach Kassel by train, 5 min walk from main train station. Just remember to ask for the new rooms!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business