“Walk on by”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Tuna over cooked, fries over salted waitress rude / underwhelming. A lot of potential but as a foreigner not welcomed only saved by its potential. Perhaps I just had a bad experience. I hope so, although wish I hadn't.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We visited I-Punct twice for lunch during very warm weather at the end of May. It was delightful to be able to sit outside in the shade of the big umbrellas, on the edge of the formal gardens. The restaurant is obviously very popular with locals for family celebrations and meals for groups of friends. Be adventurous...don't just ask for the English menu, use a dictionary and ask advice if you're not sure what some of the dishes are. I enjoyed a very good meatloaf with tasty mushrooms one day and salt marsh lamb cutlets with peppers on the other. My husband enjoyed the pork snitzel with cranberries so much he had it twice, with different vegetables. Desserts included a delicious Palatshinke (thin pancake) filled with vanilla sauce and flaked almonds, with mixed fresh berries, and a very good chocolate mousse. There is plenty of choice in wines by the glass or flask as well as by the bottle, together with local beers and mineral water. Service was polite and friendly, but staff obviously get slowed up serving large parties, so try to go outside peak times. We would certainly visit again.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

First the good: the location is incredible and the food, when it finally arrived (more on that later) and wasn't wrong (again, more later) was actually ok. Ish.

Now the bad: The service, save for one lovely waitress, was really awful. There was no English menu, which was fine, but the staff seemed incredibly annoyed at having to help us bumble through the German menu.

The service was incredibly slow. By the end, we had to go inside the bar to pay. Waiting between courses took a good 1.5 hours (really!).

Then there was the food... I was travelling with someone who is incredibly allergic to dairy and gluten. We ordered a gazpacho starter, since the staff said this would be entirely dairy and gluten free. It came out with bread on top and sour cream inside.

For the main, I ordered a big plate of fabulously mixed salads. My friend ordered the tuna steak with pomme frites and med vegetables. After a lifetime shivering under the unlit heater (we asked for it to be lit, the staff agreed, then disappeared), out arrives a plate of lettuce with three halved cherry tomatoes, and a single tuna steak. No fries, no fabulously mixed salads, no vegetables.

At this point the evening had just deteriorated to comedically bad. Trying to find anyone to come help fix the order was impossible. There was a very strong impression that since we weren't regulars, the staff had no time for us.

In the end, after a fairly awful night and slightly average food, I left quite frustrated and disappointed. Fortunately there's always hotel minibar chocolate.

Maybe they were just having a bad night. And there was one really lovely waitress who just was great. But overall? I'd never go here again, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

this has to be one of the best meals I have ever had in Germany and it was recommended by the Receptionist of the hotel where I was staying (always ask a local - thank you Stephanie!). it is in a great central location in "Casino" Square,and walking distance from a number of hotels. We ate inside, although the weather had been good enough for outside dining in the previous days but probably not any longer this year? The Restaurant appears to operate partly as a Wine Bar with a long Bar on one side of the restaurant and downstairs seating for around 40-50 I would say...They can provide an English menu upon request and there is an excellent choice to select from. I had a Starter of minced Salmon with sour cream and Rosti, a delicious and inventive combination, followed by Veal Schnitzel (they do either Veal or Pork) which was quite outstanding. Deserts were also pretty good. All washed down with an Aperol Spritz to start with and their house red wine to accompany the meal.
Will certainly return when next in Wiesbaden.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

I know the restaurant since a couple of years and every time again it is a pleasure to dine there.
Great food, very good wine (although a bit pricy) and a service with a smile.
Bravissimo!!