“Nice Hotel - really good restaurant”
Review of Hotel Benther Berg

Hotel Benther Berg
Hotel Benther Berg
Ranked #43 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 13 March 2015

I come here regularly for work.
The hotel is clean, and located very quietly. Rooms are OK, but could be refreshed.
As I come regularly, the service is more than OK.

The food in the restaurant is really good, and much better than what you normally get in a German Hotel, but you pay for it.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 January 2015

We stayed here with a group of +- 35 people of the company i'm working for during a fair in Hannover. It takes +- 20min to get to Hannover Messe. The hotel is everything you need although wifi is hard to connect to in some rooms (specially the ones in the garden house).
The food is ok and the staff is really friendly.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2014

A smaller hotel outside of Hannover in a rural setting in the village of Benthe, located south of Hannover. This hotel has an outstanding staff who are genuinely friendly and very attentive. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the hotel cuisine is wonderful. This hotel also has a spa which is a well kept secret and frequented by local residents.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Every member of staff my colleague & I met were extremely attentive and genuinely friendly. They all spoke good English - a very good team.

My overall view & thoughts of the Hotel are:
- Check in was the easiest I have ever experienced.
- I was in the "Landhaus". A terrace of about 20 single story chalets no more than 50 metres away from the main hotel. The room was ample in size for me and could easily accommodate a couple.
- The room was left for me in a very clean & tidy manner. No complaints at all.
- Those facilities available in the room worked. Nothing visibly tired, damaged or broken.
- The Hotel is in a pleasant and exceptionally quiet rural location. It's a €35 ish cab ride from the Messe Halls. Personally, I found the rural location lovely but you need to be aware you're a little out in the sticks.
- The room had no hot drink making facilities.
- There was no complimentary drinking water in the room. I had a feeling the water in the sink was direct from the mains supply but I did not see anything to confirm that so I did not take the risk.
- The bathroom area was in great order. Bright and clean with no visible signs of aging. However, I was left with just one small wrapped bar of soap and a sachet of shower gel. No frills, no own label complimentaries here so ensure you pack everything.
- No Hotel bathrobes available in the room.
- Found the linen in the bed to be clean and hair free. It did, however, have a slight smell to it which gave the impression when washed no odour additives go in the wash which would, in my opinion, be a wise thing to do.
- The mattress cover had a plastic coating to prevent moisture migrating to the mattress. I found that out to my cost during my first night's sleep, when I woke several hours later sweating.
- If you are in a Landhaus room you need your neighbours to be quiet. For the three nights I stayed I heard my neighbours phone vibrating. I lost count the amount of times I heard it go off from 6am.
- My room only had a shower cubicle. The shower was excellent - no complaints at all. However, you need to be aware of this is you want a bath so ask & check.
- Breakfast in the Hotel was very good. A sensible selection of hot and cold foods were available. Of the three mornings we had breakfast we were quickly acknowledged every time and asked what hot drink we would like.

From my experience, Hotels in Hannover are quite expensive. I found the Benther-Berge offered fair value for money. It's location, for me, was acceptable. I was there for the Exhibition fairground and found it relatively central for that, the town centre and the airport.

Would I stay again? Yes!

Room Tip: I'd prefer not to stay in the Landhaus during Winter months.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Travelling on business to Hannover quite regularly, and this hotel was recommended by my German colleagues. It's some way outside Hannover, but the rural location is pretty and a pleasant place to stay. The room I had was quite large, clean and had a bit of character. The bathroom was OK, but not particularly modern. As common in Germany only get small twin beds with thin duvets. Breakfast was OK, but nothing special. Staff were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannover
3.6 km away
14.2 km away
Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
13.4 km away
Mercure Hotel Hannover Medical Park

Been to Hotel Benther Berg? Share your experiences!