Hotel Benther Berg
US$140
US$119
  • Restaurant
DORMERO Hotel Hannover(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

IntercityHotel Hannover(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$68
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$156
US$133
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Suites Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$66
Novotel Hannover(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$82
US$140
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

The position is really idyllic, on the outskirts of the commuter village of Benthe. The large conservatory where dinner is served, is next to woodlands and I had two red squirrels frolicking next to me during dinner. Dinner by the way is well above average with well- balanced dishes , pretty to look at but also quite filling. Unlike some top-class restaurants that create pictures on the plate but tend to forget a hearty appetite.
The room with private balcony was fine but I do expect bathing materials such as shampoo. Just a bar of soap and a plastic envelope with gel is just not top class.
The staff was alright but I never once felt they really cared. It looked like they were just filling holiday jobs.
Still, the general setting and hotel layout was very pleasant

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2015

I come here regularly for work.
The hotel is clean, and located very quietly. Rooms are OK, but could be refreshed.
As I come regularly, the service is more than OK.

The food in the restaurant is really good, and much better than what you normally get in a German Hotel, but you pay for it.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2015

We stayed here with a group of +- 35 people of the company i'm working for during a fair in Hannover. It takes +- 20min to get to Hannover Messe. The hotel is everything you need although wifi is hard to connect to in some rooms (specially the ones in the garden house).
The food is ok and the staff is really friendly.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2014

A smaller hotel outside of Hannover in a rural setting in the village of Benthe, located south of Hannover. This hotel has an outstanding staff who are genuinely friendly and very attentive. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the hotel cuisine is wonderful. This hotel also has a spa which is a well kept secret and frequented by local residents.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Every member of staff my colleague & I met were extremely attentive and genuinely friendly. They all spoke good English - a very good team.

My overall view & thoughts of the Hotel are:
- Check in was the easiest I have ever experienced.
- I was in the "Landhaus". A terrace of about 20 single story chalets no more than 50 metres away from the main hotel. The room was ample in size for me and could easily accommodate a couple.
- The room was left for me in a very clean & tidy manner. No complaints at all.
- Those facilities available in the room worked. Nothing visibly tired, damaged or broken.
- The Hotel is in a pleasant and exceptionally quiet rural location. It's a €35 ish cab ride from the Messe Halls. Personally, I found the rural location lovely but you need to be aware you're a little out in the sticks.
- The room had no hot drink making facilities.
- There was no complimentary drinking water in the room. I had a feeling the water in the sink was direct from the mains supply but I did not see anything to confirm that so I did not take the risk.
- The bathroom area was in great order. Bright and clean with no visible signs of aging. However, I was left with just one small wrapped bar of soap and a sachet of shower gel. No frills, no own label complimentaries here so ensure you pack everything.
- No Hotel bathrobes available in the room.
- Found the linen in the bed to be clean and hair free. It did, however, have a slight smell to it which gave the impression when washed no odour additives go in the wash which would, in my opinion, be a wise thing to do.
- The mattress cover had a plastic coating to prevent moisture migrating to the mattress. I found that out to my cost during my first night's sleep, when I woke several hours later sweating.
- If you are in a Landhaus room you need your neighbours to be quiet. For the three nights I stayed I heard my neighbours phone vibrating. I lost count the amount of times I heard it go off from 6am.
- My room only had a shower cubicle. The shower was excellent - no complaints at all. However, you need to be aware of this is you want a bath so ask & check.
- Breakfast in the Hotel was very good. A sensible selection of hot and cold foods were available. Of the three mornings we had breakfast we were quickly acknowledged every time and asked what hot drink we would like.

From my experience, Hotels in Hannover are quite expensive. I found the Benther-Berge offered fair value for money. It's location, for me, was acceptable. I was there for the Exhibition fairground and found it relatively central for that, the town centre and the airport.

Would I stay again? Yes!

Room Tip: I'd prefer not to stay in the Landhaus during Winter months.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business