“Good Friday take away”

The Wetherby Whaler
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We use this beach of Wetherby Whaler as we live in York, we were expecting it to be busy at take out, surprised we were served quite quickly. Older female staff member took our order, she was rather brusk and not at all friendly, younger male member fat friendlier and more cheerful who completed the order. The chips were poor £5.75 for one portion which was smaller than we have previously had. Was this a smaller expensive Easter portion? Who knows? Not happy.

2  Thank CSYork

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have eaten at this branch of Wetherby Whaler many times over many years. The food has always been excellent and the staff have always been lovely.
Today I was collecting fish and chips for my mum (89) as I often do when traveling back from Tadcaster. Today I was passing much earlier than expected, so wanted to stop for coffee before buying the food. I decided that as we always get the fish and chips from Wetherby Whaler, why not have a coffee, and maybe a pudding, in the adjoining cafe whilst I waited?
Well the reason not is that they refused to serve me just a coffee. The manager was asked and the answer was no. Even though I was spending money on the premises, they would prefer me to sit in the car waiting, rather than than in the restaurant with a coffee.
Much as we enjoy this place as a family, we won't be back!!

3  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been wanting to visit a branch for many years so when we saw this one as we were staying in York we just had to call in . Brilliant/ loved it , great service value for money beautiful food . A successful business built on reputation, quality & service, a real must for any fish & chip lover . Can’t wait to go again now , well done

2  Thank J444JPA
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Fish and Chip Restaurant is close to the Premier Inn, so it gives another option for food if you're staying there. Large portions, cooked fresh. Very good prices. Plenty of parking.

2  Thank 980paul
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

just what you need on a cold winters day good fish and chips piping hot clean friendly staff parking etc

2  Thank 556susan26