“Terrible - Frittebud, what happened?”
Review of frittebud

frittebud
Ranked #47 of 745 Restaurants in Bonn
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Nordstadt
Reviewed 21 February 2015

So, I love the city of Bonn. I'm an American expat, fluent in German, here for 20+ years now. I just don't know what happened to one of my fav burger joints in Bonn.

Since 2009 up until 2012 I used always eat here, either by myself or with my fiancee (now my wife) ever since she introduced it to me (a place she'd go to with some of her friends now and then) as it was always a quick fast-food but good quality joint.

The last time I took my wife here was a year ago, upon returning to Europe after a one year hiatus. Of course the burgers were good but the new cooks were just disrespectful to my wife - not noticing her and even teasing her small voice. So i interrupted and just ordered on our behalf because maybe the ones behind the counter have some sort of disorder.. got to give them the benefit of the doubt, though it seemed they were almost racist (did I mention that I am not white?). Following week, I had received an assignment in Vienna, moved there, Yada, yada, yada...

..so a year later, after hitting the gym, i decided to give it a try today, well at least alone, as I was famished. I tried a new place called Badgoderburger and it was disappointing (we give a 4/10).

What about Frittebud 12 months later? Take a guess. No change!

Up till now, still bad attitude of the fry cooks, no greeting, they even purposely took some other people's order before mine (don't know what the heck that was about?), told me to sit down.. as I sat, they whistled and motioned me with their hand for money. What's up with rolling the eyes? After serving my burger (the 332g), the dude just tossed the plate in front of me. Man, I'm not expecting no 5-star service but I've eaten in this place like a million times and never did I expect such service to be just as bad, perhaps even worse, than my first bad experience. The food wasn't up to par - my burger just crumpled to pieces - it must have been the stale bun used.

Morever, it just wasn't right that while I was eating, I could even see them gossiping (lästern auf Deutsch) about me hearing some racist terms.

The worse part was when I returned the plates, I still said "thank you" (with no sarcasm at all, I swear). Twice even.

I guess their deaf too.

Well, maybe folks like this are too good for tips (kept that 70% to myself). One things for sure, they're not getting a cent from me ever again!

To whoever the manager or owner of Frittebud, ever hear the saying, "Customers always right."? Take heed, because there seams like here are a lot of negative reviews from unhappy customers.

6  Thank mike g

Reviewed 8 November 2014

Undoubtedly the best burgers in bonn. There are loads of yummy extras you can add to your burger. The quantity of fries is huge and its garnished in a savoury salty mix. Unlike other burger joints, they have chicken , veggie and fish options. My only criticism is the music they play inside. Its too hard metal for my taste. But on Balmy days, one can enjoy a nice burger in the outside seating.

1  Thank Gaurav R
Reviewed 25 September 2014

Its the best burger to eat in Bonn. Very good toppings and unlimited combinations. I seriously miss living in Bonn - mainly because of those Hambugers.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

This is a good place if you want a hamburger and fries, a notch above mcdonalds. The flavors are good, but the burgers are not all beef ~ as we are used to in the USA. The place is quite small a snack joint, and good if your looking for a hamburger fix with all the toppings. Be prepared to wait for the food and a place to sit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Hamburguer really common, Shakers in 50m is much better.
Regular attention, music and smell improvable. I expected more after reading some comments
Common at all