See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2015

Stayed here a couple of times during visits to my company. The location of the hotel is perfect. Next to the train station from where you just need 4 mins to Bonn center. But there is also the subway to Bonn, if you missed one of the 5 or 6 trains per hour to Bonn and Cologne. The hotel is very decent and cozy. The rooms are perfect, but for sure not luxury. The breakfast is great, very nice buffet! The location is fantastic, located in Bonn's nicest part of town, Bad Godesberg. From here you can have amazing walks to the Rhine through the beautiful "Villenviertel", which also used to be Bonn's diplomatic areas during it's time as capital of Germany. Great old and new houses here, some used to be embassies or residents of ambassadors.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2014

In a way I feel bad about this. Here's the thing. My travel agent didn't book me into the preferred hotel close by to this one. It was full and after ringing around 2 other places, Zum Lowen was the only one with a free room. So in comparison to the park bench or the back of the hire car, this was luxury.
But it was also the last room in the hotel, and perhaps the last room they would rent out. It was OK size wise, a little sparse on decor and furnishings, a threadbare carpet and I have to say a really uncomfortable bed. I did get some sleep though. It was a very nice and quiet part of Bonn. But then when I went to check out, 89€ for a bed and breakfast is not a bad deal at all.
So would I stay here again.....I might...but only if I could have a better room. I am of course incredibly grateful to the staff for taking me in. Beggars can't be choosers and so my conscience is nagging at me for being so mean.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Recently stayed here for a night on a business trip. Perfectly fine with good bed, decent TV and bathroom. Breakfast was good for a continental style breakfast and staff were friendly. If I were being fussy the hotel decor needs to be redone but for me this is cosmetic. The cost was covered by my client so I have no idea of the charge but it was alright for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Found this hotel to be a a nice decent hotel with the best part being that it was just across the road from the Bad Godesberg Railway station .The railway connects you to the major cities in the Nothern Rhine Westphalia region (Dusseldorf,Bonn ,Cologne ,etc) .

The breakfast was basic,nothing extraordinary .

It was close to the shopping district and there are a few places to roam around in the evenings and also a beautiful garden nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed there for a week. Room is about 2 sq.m. Bed was tiny for a 1.9 meter fella like me.
Breakfasts were meager. And the price of stay was 200 Euros a night! Not worth it, my goodness.
Just simply avoid this place unless you are a tiny unimposing immigrant from Asia...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business