“Best food in Köln”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Süd
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very Germanic, with a rustic feel and friendly atmosphere. The staff are wonderful, very efficient and attentive. I never write reviews but had to leave one because the food I had there was the best I've had in absolutely ages! Really hearty, filling and delicious! Obviously the beer was great too. I will be back on my next trip to Köln!

Natalie S, Manager at Brauerei zur Malzmuehle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Sophie D,

thank you so much for your kind words and your very positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself at our brewery. We are looking forward to see you again!

All the best from Cologne

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Unfortunately our dining experience has been destroyed by an arrogant and unfriendly waiter. Even if it is busy waiters should be friendly otherwise you have chosen the wrong job.
When asking for anything gluten free he did not even bother to offer anything. When I asked to add something to a plain salad *apparently that was my only option* he did not even try to find a solution.
The food came out at very different times and we were not having dinner together, we were a group of 20 people and even if that's a large group I had dinner in other restaurants and it worked out. I have been working in restaurants for 11 years and a group of 20 shouldn't be a big deal. Food that the others had was good but not outstanding. I would recommend TO NOT visit this restaurant there are many better places with the same style and cuisine that serve way much better food and where service is pleasant.

Dear P0cca,

thank you so much for your review of your recent visit to our brewhouse.

We are deeply sorry that your visit felt short on your expectation and our usual very high Standards.

Please be informed that we take our guests feedback very serious and will discuss everything mentioned in detail with our department managers.

We hope that you will give us another try during your next Cologne visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

There are plenty of places to eat a sausage of drink Kölsch in Cologne.

Here it not only tastes great, but is also really traditional - you’ll get locally brewed beer served (refilled) nonstop until you put a coaster on top of your empty glass.
The waiters and seating arrangements also strongly contribute to the atmosphere - our waiter had a great sense of humor and we shared a table with another couple - which supports the relaxed and informal ambiance.

Make sure to book a table!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Coming back home once a year, to the City my wife and I were born & raised at many years ago; we found die Malzmuehle as our new favorite place to winding down the day.
Koebes Olaf is the perfect example of a Traditional Koebes; the city has been known for in generations. Always on top his game; Olaf makes sure you are never "dry" and he has always a quick conversation handy, when visiting your table. Olaf and team; keep up the great work & tradition, we have nothing else than compliments for you.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I and my husband spend a lovely time and enjoyed typical German food. Worm and friendly restaurant, interesting menu and of course incredible tasty beer!
Very well made food, great service, little price!
Just perfect!