1,328 results
All reviews privilege room nice hotel bathroom door koeln city minute walk tram stop good size underground station free wifi reception staff on foot business trip pleasant stay old town buffet style stayed here for nights public transport
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Me and my partner had a 6 night stay whilst using Cologne to explore some of the Rhine region.

As we'd been to Cologne before we thought we'd be cleaver and walk from the HBF to the Hotel but we did get a little lost! If you don't get lost then it's only about a 20 walk. However we discovered as soon as we got there that the Hotel is directly outside the U bahn stop for Severinstrasse.

The Hotel itself was fairly basic but fine for the money we had paid. As we arrived quite late on the first night we ate at the Hotel restaurant, the food we had was fine but menu wasn't overly substantial.

We have actually been back to Cologne again since this stay last Autumn and did look to stay at this Hotel again but unfortunately it was fully booked

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
M F, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Dean, Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay at our hotel. Your comments are a great help to improve our service and quality and meet our customers’ expectations. We hope that we soon have the opportunity of welcoming you again (hopefully we are not fully booked during your requested time) at our hotel. With best regards, your team from Mercure Hotel Severinshof Köln City

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

You enter through a small ugly door. Than you see good lobby and a nice reception desk. People on reception very friendly and helpful.
Restaurant is very well designed, modern and functional. Breakfast is OK. Not amazing but very much OK.
Internet is free but dramatically slow.
Corridors on room levels are from the 80s. Clean but totally outdated.
Rooms are same as corridors. Clean and old fashioned. There was a smell of bleach in the room that I cannot get rid of several days after I left Germany. All my stay the central heating in the room was not working and air conditioning was just circulating air, but not heating. Bathroom was overheated so I kept the bathroom door open in order to improve room temperature.
Chamber service is very unprofessional. One morning I came back from breakfast and they were in. They just kept on cleaning as if I am not there. Once I asked them to come back in 5 minuets they left, but in the evening I found my room not finished-they did not come back. Next morning I was in my room, door was locked from inside and still they enter.
Location is good- in 15 minutes walk you are on the city attractions.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PetDim
M F, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Mercure guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sincerely, your team from Mercure Hotel Severinshof Köln City

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Had a great stay in this hotel until checkout. An officious, rude and uncaring front of desk left me with a bad feeling. He is definitely in the wrong job. He argued with me for several minutes saying I owed the hotel money. When I explained that I had paid for any extras as I went along he argued with me and demanded my credit card. It turned out that he was wrong and the hotel owed me 12 euros reimbursement as I was leaving two days early. I told him that I was not bothered about the 12 euros and needed to catch a flight home. When I got back to the UK he had credited me 12 euros but I had no idea why he was so rude. He was impolite to another lady customer who asked if she could have the key to the left luggage room. He told her that she had to wait her turn as he was "dealing" with me!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
M F, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear John, Thank you very much for your feedback concering your stay at our hotel.
We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was overshadowed by a rather unpleasent check-out experience.
Please rest assured that this is not at all the Mercure standard.
Furthermore, we have spoken to the involved staff members and due action were taken.
A good contact to all our guests an a feel-welcome-atmosphere is our greatest concern and priority.
We apologize for all the inconveniences arising during your stay. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future. Sincerely, your team from Mercure Hotel Severinshof Köln City

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Nice hotel not far from center of town nice facilities although we didnt get the chance to use there sauna facilities
Helpful staff nice restaurants close by as well as a chocolate factory also railway system outside your hotel

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
M F, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Michael, Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that your stay had been to your satisfaction and have forwarded your comments to our team. We hope that we soon have the opportunity of welcoming you again at our hotel. With best regards, your team from Mercure Hotel Severinshof Köln City

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Conveniently located both for business and leisure travelers: 15-minute walk to Central Station, 10 minute-walk to main museums and shopping street, not far from the wonderful Belgian district (home to independent designers of all sorts). The staff is super friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and full of light. A had a room facing a beautfiful school. Excellent value. The location is neither trendy, nor touristic (if you are looking for a fancy area, do choose the neighbourhood North of the cathedral), but I was thriled to walk along the high street next to the hotel: loads of bakeries, bio/organic markets, friendly locals, a wonderful thrift store. Definitely recomended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
M F, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Severinshof Koeln City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Mercure guest, Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that your stay had been to your satisfaction and forwarded your comments to our team. We wish you a happy New Year and hope that we soon have the opportunity of welcoming you again at our hotel. With best regards, your team from Mercure Hotel Severinshof Köln City