“Great starting point for all the main places to see in Cologne”

Novum Hotel Leonet Cologne Altstadt
Ranked #198 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights. Clean comfortable and friendly. Close to Neumarkt, Rudolphplatz and Barbarossaplatz U Bahn stations. Only 2 stops from Dom, Hauptbahnhof and museums. Good beer and food locally. Breakfast at the kiosk at the corner of the street is far cheaper than the hotel and the friendly owner replied in English even though I spoke to him in German. I must have a stronger accent than I thought.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Novum Hotel Leonet Cologne Altstadt

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We spent 3 nights in the hotel. Friendly staff, good location and clean room. Can't say anything bad about it. The location is also good, close to the center, to the U-Bahn and to the party streets. Everything was good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I spent there 4 nights, for business.
And after 4 nights, I still get lost between all the corridors and stairs. I can't understand the plan of this hotel.

I had a tiny individual room with a small but confortable individual bed, with a small cover. Room is decently equipped and it is very clean. One important improvement I can suggest is sunlight isolation.

Decent quality of service.

No food evaluation as I did not have any meal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel promised free breakfast before booking but the staff refused to provide any.
Rooms are average.
It is around 1.3 km from main station(HBF). So location is above average. No basic facilities like coffee maker etc in room. You can find air drier.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Good for a base to explore the city. The location was ideal, literally 5 mins walk to Rudolfplatz which is full of restaurants and bars, and only 10 mins walk to Schildergasse the main huge shopping district. From there only about another 10 mins to the Cathedral. We liked the location.  Just down the road there is a fantastic place called Wonder Waffel, try their waffles with nutella, chocolate and ice cream, delicious!

Check in at reception efficient and friendly. Our room was on second floor. There is a small old fashioned type lift but works fine. Was a double room but actually consisted of two single beds. Beds were amazingly comfortable. Room had a modern safe which was free to use which was a bonus. Shower was good, plenty of hot water. Now the not so good bits.....we had hoped for a decent sleep as other reviews had mentioned this is located on a quiet side street and is quiet aright.. WRONG. Four out of the five nights we were there, we were kept awake till the early hours by men in the street below shouting and talking without any consideration of the time. I'm talking about 3am. Ridiculous when you've had a long day travelling and from about 11pm when you get into bed the noise starts and continues for the next four hours. I just wanted a decent sleep but it was so noisy, if it wasn't shouting, it was doors slamming,      and car music blaring, a complete joke. Couldn't tell if some noise was also coming from hotel rooms below with their window open. Also wasn't nice that because of the 30c heat, we had to have our windows open ( no air con or fan) and cigarette smoke from people or rooms below ( people leaning out of their non smoking room window to smoke) was coming into our room. Even with the windows shut ( we tried it to shut out noise) it was still very loud and didn't do much to drown out the men's shouting. The room decor is quite dated and needs a refurbishment, the hotel management photos on here are nothing like the rooms stayed in which is quite misleading. Rusty radiators, black mould in corners of shower, old dated carpet, wood chipped edges of furniture. Also not a good first impression was the bedside cabinets were covered  in dust- I went to put down my magazine and a  layer of grey dust flew up at my face, this is such a simple thing that could be avoided. However all the room decor I'd have been ok with if it wasn't for the sleep deprivation. Overall I'd say this hotel is a good no frills base with super comfy beds, but the street noise was a big let down for us.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple