“Average Stay!”

Novum Hotel Leonet Cologne Altstadt
Ranked #198 of 261 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the Novum in December 2016 as we were visiting the Cologne German Markets and needed a fairly cheap hotel to rest our heads at the end of the night.
We checked in and when entering the room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke and the walls were a yellow colour. When opening the window we noticed there was a smokers area underneath us. I immediately went and asked Reception if we could change rooms as the strong was too much for us, especially being non-smokers. We were moved to a different room which thankfully did not smell of cigarette smoke.
The room itself was basic, two single beds pushed together and the bathroom was tiny! It was very difficult to shower as the water would get everywhere but it did the job.
As we were on the main road it was noisy, especially when the binmen were working and it didn't help when we were hungover from all the Mulled Wine.
All in all, good location, friendly staff and clean room. Extremely basic but for a budget hotel to rest your head for the night I don't think we did too bad.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Novum Hotel Leonet Cologne Altstadt

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my sister and a friend for two days. When we arrived we didn't have any reservation because they had cancelled it without any notice. Instead of giving a solution, the two receptionists started to speak in German and we had to wait like 20 mins standing there, with all the luggage and without understanding what was going on. Finally we got the room that was acceptable and clean. The receptionists are very impolite as they don't even say hello or look at you when you pass by the reception. One of them doesn't even speak English well, so we had problems when trying to ask or explain something. The elevator wasn't working and the solution that they gave was to take the staircases, 4 floors and with all the luggage and no help at all. The décor is old fashioned and not even nice at all. They need an urgent refurbishment because some things look worn out, starting from the sign of the hotel in the principal entrance. I work in the hotel industry too and with the experience I personally don't think this is a 3-star hotel because of the way we were treated and the amenities that you get for the price. Moreover, it is far from the principal attractions, and of course you don't get any help when trying to get there from the place, we used google maps. I definetely will not go there again and I don't recommend it at all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights. Clean comfortable and friendly. Close to Neumarkt, Rudolphplatz and Barbarossaplatz U Bahn stations. Only 2 stops from Dom, Hauptbahnhof and museums. Good beer and food locally. Breakfast at the kiosk at the corner of the street is far cheaper than the hotel and the friendly owner replied in English even though I spoke to him in German. I must have a stronger accent than I thought.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We spent 3 nights in the hotel. Friendly staff, good location and clean room. Can't say anything bad about it. The location is also good, close to the center, to the U-Bahn and to the party streets. Everything was good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I spent there 4 nights, for business.
And after 4 nights, I still get lost between all the corridors and stairs. I can't understand the plan of this hotel.

I had a tiny individual room with a small but confortable individual bed, with a small cover. Room is decently equipped and it is very clean. One important improvement I can suggest is sunlight isolation.

Decent quality of service.

No food evaluation as I did not have any meal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business