Big China
Ranked #1,303 of 2,492 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

We like Chinese food for its unique taste. But every dish which we tried at Big China was tasteless. It's a pity.
Three different soups disappointed us: vonton, with duck breast and noodle soup with duck.
Second course meal - Chinese duck was dry.
Riсe was good enough.
Green tea was rather tasty (due to this fact, I put 3, not 2)!

Reviewed 13 December 2014

The menu in Big China is extensive and has lots to offer, and the food is very nice and well made.

As is often the case with asian restaurants, the fizzy drinks like coke were flat, but that's to be expected when you go to a Chinese.

The staff were quite unhelpful, they were just standing around talking to each other and not making much of an effort. Can't say I'd be bothered if I didn't go again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I ate here 2 years ago because I favour the 'buffet' style in Chinese restaurants and I was disappointed. I was willing to give it another go but, unfortunately, it had not improved. My comments are purely about the buffet and not the 'A La Carte' menu. On this visit the soup and the Dim Sum were both tepid. The main meal of beef and pork was a little warmer as was the fried rice. The only hot items I enjoyed were the 'chilli dip' on the table and my pot of green tea. I visit Cologne each year at this time but will be avoiding this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We visited Big China for lunch based on the good reviews here. Service was friendly but the food was not good. Steamed pork buns were dry and lacking filling. Cantonese beef was chunks of sinewy meat on an enormous pile of broccoli and not much else. Crispy sweet and sour chicken was crumbed chicken tenders on a tomato and cucumber salad with a bowl of sweet chilli sauce. Our meals didn't come out together, there was quite a long delay. Not recommended.

1  Thank TravellerAus13
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Although it may look a little naff on the outside, the food is very authentic. My food was good and my girlfriends steamed Pork was excellent.