“What a great place”

Big China
Ranked #1,310 of 2,499 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

After a week of German food which is great, we needed a change
Big China don't let people put this place down, food great, always feel good when you walk in and it's packed with Chinese having dinner
Hot and sour soup beautiful, don't be obsessed about the duck it's not the place, sweat and sour pork, fried rice, vegetables and jasmine tea thank god!
Three floors, all busy
Go try it you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Very nice restaurant. Fresh. Choices of different dishes. Warm welcome. And I love Chinese food in particular.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

We like Chinese food for its unique taste. But every dish which we tried at Big China was tasteless. It's a pity.
Three different soups disappointed us: vonton, with duck breast and noodle soup with duck.
Second course meal - Chinese duck was dry.
Riсe was good enough.
Green tea was rather tasty (due to this fact, I put 3, not 2)!

Reviewed 13 December 2014

The menu in Big China is extensive and has lots to offer, and the food is very nice and well made.

As is often the case with asian restaurants, the fizzy drinks like coke were flat, but that's to be expected when you go to a Chinese.

The staff were quite unhelpful, they were just standing around talking to each other and not making much of an effort. Can't say I'd be bothered if I didn't go again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I ate here 2 years ago because I favour the 'buffet' style in Chinese restaurants and I was disappointed. I was willing to give it another go but, unfortunately, it had not improved. My comments are purely about the buffet and not the 'A La Carte' menu. On this visit the soup and the Dim Sum were both tepid. The main meal of beef and pork was a little warmer as was the fried rice. The only hot items I enjoyed were the 'chilli dip' on the table and my pot of green tea. I visit Cologne each year at this time but will be avoiding this restaurant in the future.