All reviewslake viewtram stopquiet neighborhoodhotel is locatedrooms are clean and comfortablenice hotelcity centreminutes walk awaybreakfast buffetthe hotel staffcleanlinesssupermarketgermany
Reviewed 22 January 2018

During a trade show I stayed in this business hotel for 9 days. The rooms and breakfast are at a good standard. Also the hotel bar is enjoyable. Especially the bar tender Benny is giving a great service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
maxormanns, Leiter Front Office at Leonardo Royal Hotel Koln - Am Stadtwald, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear René,
thank you for your nice assessment.
Nice to reed you felt comfortable during your stay.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I arrived to find that the lights in the room where not working, there was some kind of "old" smell (as when carpets are very old). The phone looked like vandalized, it had no buttons and there was no line. The fridge was not working either.
I went downstairs and reception service was equally poor, always manned by one person, if you were lucky maybe too. Not the kindest service of them all.
Eventually we went up with the concierge and checked the issues. The light started working all of the sudden but during my 4 day stay it was random, sometimes working sometimes not. The phone was changed, but it was from another hotel, because when I tried to call using the buttons i will end up calling to other hotel within the leonard network. At least i got the direct extensions.
Restaurant service was really really good. They were the ones who made my stay pleasant, very caring, kind and prepared.
But the thing that concerns me the most is 2 of my belongings just "disappeared".
I checked out and forgot 2 items in the room. I know i did because I myself put them there on purpose. I was already on the taxi and going back was not possible, therefore I called immediately and informed of the same. Is not that I didn't know where they were, I explained exactly where I left them. They said that they have not yet gotten information from houskeeping. Then later on said that there is nothing in lost and found. And my items just "disappeared".
During my stay there were several details regarding house keeping, all in all I can only conclude that there is no honesty in this hotel.

Therefore I do not recommend to stay here, mostly if you are a business traveler. They steal in this hotel and is not up to a business class.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are better, you can trust housekeeping
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
maxormanns, Front Office Agent at Leonardo Royal Hotel Koln - Am Stadtwald, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Susy,

thank you for your honest assessment.
We are sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel did not went so well. These broken issues are not our standards and we are glad we could help out.
Please be aware that our hotel does not steal things. Feel free to contact us after Christmas so we can re-check for the lost items in our lost and found.

We would be happy to welcome your next time.
Best regards
Lisa Dreher

Reviewed 21 December 2017

we stayed here for five days and had a very pleasant room overlooking the lake and park. the room was pleasantly decorated and well serviced. staff are friendly and it is well positioned for catching buses and trams to other parts of the city. the TV even had a range of English channels which was a surprise. well worth considering but we felt the prices for food were expensive and there are plenty of places within minutes that are better value.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the park are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cora421
maxormanns, Leiter Front Office at Leonardo Royal Hotel Koln - Am Stadtwald, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your nice assessment.
It's nice to read you felt comfortable during your stay.
Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Visited with my family and close friends for a 4 day break. Apart from Reception, which had a few issues in keeping people waiting, the remainder of the Staff were very good indeed. Savas the barman, kept our glasses filled and entertained us. The lake and forests surrounding the hotel were great for walking and the tram stop was a 10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Request a lake view room, the higher up the better. Well worth the upgrade cost.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
maxormanns, Leiter Front Office at Leonardo Royal Hotel Koln - Am Stadtwald, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Madam,

thank you very much for your kind and honest assessment. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel even though there were busy times at the reception.

Wer are looking forward to welcome you next time.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stayed here for one night only as part of a bus tour of Germany. It was clean, had a magical setting backing onto a lake and had a great breakfast in the morning.

A couple of negatives though: Another typical European hotel with those lousy liquid soap dispensers in the bathroom instead of complimentary bars of soap. Also, we did have an included dinner which was very bland and not much of a choice, but that could have been the tour company's fault and not the hotel.

Overall though, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
maxormanns, Leiter Front Office at Leonardo Royal Hotel Koln - Am Stadtwald, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for your nice assessment.
Looking forward to your next visit.