“Fantastic”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant in the hotel Excelsior is a beautiful place. We had dinner here with 14 people. The service the food, the service and the wine were just out of this world, really fantastic! What a wonderful experience. Would go back there any time!

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We wanted to have a nice dinner for a special occasion with my parents in law. The service was really friendly and attentively.
We had the five course dinner with wine pairing. We were able to change any course out that we did not like. So we all enjoyed our food a lot. Every course had a special and really good taste of really creatively chosen combinations.
All the wines were delicious too and we changed the wine for our main course for a red wine as alle of them were white. That was no problem at all.
I personally enjoyed the home made pralines in the end a lot.

1  Thank ullimaggi
Reviewed 27 March 2017

It is pretty telling when the only critique I can make was with the amuse bouche,which was certainly acceptable, just not spectacular like the rest of the dining experience. Those people who do the judging to bestow a Michelin star to a talented chef in a beautiful establishment do tend to have some lofty standards, and they are surpassed at Hanse-Stube. The oysters were wonderful, large, meaty and full of flavour, and the restaurant does not place a bottle of Tabasco on the table, how refreshing. The wagyu steak was melt in your mouth brilliant and the creme brulee was totally on point. Polished off a couple of bottles of Ornellaia between the two of us, and offered a glass to a lovely couple from Australia who were most entertaining. Coffee and grappa closed an exceptional dinner.

2  Thank Don R
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Very good French gastronomic restaurant in Koln!
The service is perfect, the food excellent, the atmosphere is cozy.
We really enjoyed that night at Hanse Stube restaurant!!!

1  Thank Mélodie S
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Been about 6 times and it never fails to please.
Group of 4, all had different starters and main meals. Completely clean plates.
I had the lamb and it was perfectly cooked for me, the Consomme is one I have every time, intense flavour. The cheese selection was artisan and I had my 3 favourites, Fourme D'ambert, Epoisse and Fougerous. Watch the pear sauce as it is lethally hot and not right for an accompianment.
Wine selection recommended by the sommelier were excellent for our meal choices.
Looking forward to October when I can go again.

2  Thank Dean1000