“Great Burgers”

Price range: US$10 - US$122
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WHAT'S THE DEAL? The Bird is a New York style bar & kitchen opens October in Cologne. We believe in serving the finest burgers and steaks possible by using all fresh ingredients. Our steaks come from corn and grain fed Black Angus beef exported by Iowa Beef Packers. The meat has been dry aged for a period of thirty days making the beef more tender and concentrating the flavor. Our burger meat is freshly ground daily from German beef, making the flavor of the burger irresistable, as long as you do not kill it by ordering well done. Our fries are hand cut from fresh potatoes daily as well. All of our sauces, salads and cheesecake are home made. With all the fresh ingredients available, why would we mess around with can-openers and frozen fries?? What you will get is a freshly made meal that will leave you satisfied, and us happy that you came! To wash down your meal, we have beers from California, Mexico, Germany and Belgium, or a nice cider. If you want something a bit stronger, you can enjoy our extensive bourbon, tequila and rum collection. If you arrive between 6-8pm, you should take advantage of our Angry Hour Special! So Yo! If you want a great meal at a fair price, New York size proportions and the same quality as our sister restaurant in Berlin, (also coincidently called The Bird) come on through. If you are a burger fan in Hamburg, you won't know what you are missing until you do!
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Been to The Bird in Berlin last year. Had no idea it was a franchise untill i spotted this restaurant in Cologne on my way to our hotel. In Berlin this restaurant was rated very high, in Cologne not so much. I had the Filthy Harry and my gf had the Fat Stingy Gonzalez. The burgers where very juicy and greasy, just like in Berlin. The staff is very friendly and I liked the simple decor.
If you want a fat, tasty burger, go to the Bird. These are honestly the best burgers I ever had. The fries are very good too btw!

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Great burgers and the fries are exceptional! They taste like, yet better than In-N-Outs. I real American style hamburger!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

The Place is nice I have nothing to say, however the food....! I had a Philly Cheesesteak...never again...

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I've tried several burger places in Cologne and The Bird is among the top five on my personal list.
Don't expect fancy furniture or any type of chic ... but the burgers are worth a visit and the staff is very friendly.
Personal suggestion: They mix very tasty shots behind the bar ;-)

Reviewed 31 March 2016

I am truly satisfied from Bird as a bar. It has delicious hamburgers even there are lots of bad feedback about it. Just try for yourself...