“Delicious German food at good prices ”
Review of Lommerzheim

Lommerzheim
Ranked #28 of 2,566 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went here because we saw it on TripAdvisor, and we're glad we did. They staff wasn't super friendly in the usual way, but they spoke English and were very patient, we felt comfortable. The food was amazing, maybe the amounts were too much, we could have shared. But it was delicious!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

31st March, me and other 5 friends decided to go there, the told us that waiting process lasts max 30’ .. it was ok bc the we’re bringing us beers all the time.. but this was getting bigger and bigger.. we decided (no clue why) to wait.. after 2 hours and many discussions with the waiters we managed to find a table.. the food was ok but not that much to spend there four hours (17.45-21.45)... PS precise we’re really ok but the waiters were pressing sooo much to refills your glass of beer

1  Thank Kat K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The worst place to eat I've ever been to! This place seriously don't deserve your money!

I walked to this place from kolner dom because of some good reviews, but those good reviews about services are wrong. I understand if this place is always full of people, mostly locals. But when I came here, the waiter and the host gave me no clue about how to get the table, order the food or even how to queue.

We waited downstairs beside the standing table, and all of sudden, a random couples which came after us got called first to get the table. They even knew who came first, that's us! This place really not worth to visit if you are tourists! Maybe just good for locals.

Just look for another place that respect and value you appropriately!

1  Thank Rocky K
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

So these guys didn’t accommodate the request of POTUS back then Bill Clinton to reserve the main room, they aren’t going to entertain the requests of people trying to snap a picture. I was lucky to go with German people and the staff was nice and helpful. The food is just amazing, the pork chop is out of this world. We shared our table with a German couple who told us all about the fascinating story of the place. Go for the good food!

1  Thank mansbk
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

The first day we visited was a super busy Friday night around 5:30pm place was packed of people waiting around the waiters were very busy and told us that it’s full and the wait is at least 1.5 hours so we left the place and went to eat inside the messes deutz station.

We visit again on Wednesday night around 6pm the place is also packed with people but luckily there was a standing table for us to drink some beer while we wait for dinner
After a beer or two one of the waiter asked us if it was okay for us to eat at the standing table since the wait will be quite long as there were still 2 sets of customer in front of us we said okay since we were in a hurry to get food

The waiter was very nice asked us if we like to try their best selling pork chop I ordered a pork chop for my co worker but I wanted pork knuckle the waiter seemed confused so I show him pictures others posted on trip advisor and I got what I wanted

When the waiter bring the food to our table I couldn’t help to say WOW as the portion was huge as you can see in the photo. I couldn’t help but to ask the guys behind me if this is the normal portion at this place they said yes it is a normal size and I must finish it or I cannot leave the restaurant haha. The food was very yummy I managed to finish 2/3 of the plate and a few glasses of the house local beer which I like a lot! No wonder this place ranks #2 out of hundreds of German food in Köln!