“Average and poor!”

Ranked #6 of 825 Restaurants in Dortmund
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I am not German but in my humble opinion this is not a good place to taste something local and traditional. Poor food and service. The decoration of the place doesn't really make sense, things hanging everywhere that doesn't have anything to do neither with traidion nor even with each other...

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Was recommended by a friend to try here for some lunch. Had the dortmunder sausage with roast potatoes, sauerkraut and mustard and it was delicious! The food is well worth the money.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Visited the bar for lunch before the Dortmund v Bayern Supercup Final. Friendly staff and atmosphere, very good traditional German food, decent beer and rustic decor. Enjoyed it to the point that we went back for some drinks later on.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We wanted traditional German food and our German relatives took us here. The food fulfilled our expectations (plenty of pork, goods-sized portions). They serve Hovel beer, a Dortmund favorite. We were there on a nice August evening and had a table in the first row outside, next to the plaza, very pleasant. Prices were what I expected. The waiter was friendly but service could have been faster.

Overall, I would go back but I liked some other places in Dortmund a bit better.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I have been going to zum alten mark since I was young, so it's always great to go back. I love their traditional food and even more their set up inside. Although they have beautiful outdoor seating, you must go inside just to see all of the culture.