Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf City Center(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$101
US$87
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$82
US$77
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$62
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Melia Duesseldorf(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Hotel Schumacher Dusseldorf(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$238
US$194
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$283
US$246
InterContinental
  • Pool
All reviewssmall balconysingle bedbasic hotelgood sizeconvenienceeurostops
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I just returned from a five night stay at the Hotel an der Oper Dusseldorf for the big EuroShop show. As I always do, here is a look at what I saw as the GREAT, GOOD, BAD, and UGLY in my stay here. Then, I will offer some Bottom Line comments and answer the most important question: when I return to Dusseldorf (which I do, often) will I stay here again? Here goes . . .

GREAT

* Location: I have made NINE trips to Dusseldorf in the last ten years for trade fairs and will be coming back again this year yet, and I often spread my stay between multiple hotels (personal time vs. work time). So, I have stayed at probably fifteen different Dusseldorf hotels. This hotel may be the very BEST location I have ever stayed at for a show visit! It is less than a minute to walk to the Heinrich-Heine Allee U-Bahn stop and crazy-convenient in terms of being located to all of the tourist spots in Dusseldorf. I tend to like avoiding the touristy Altstadt but the convenience of this hotel is undeniable. It truly is great.

GOOD

* Room Size / Visibility: the room sizes are big enough, and due to the set-up of the building, you are likely to get a decent window view almost anywhere. I had no prob with the view from my room (#213). I also appreciated the multiple outlets - my room had four. This was great as I packed many devices to charge.

BAD (Room for improvement)

* Spartan Set-Up / Options: while the hotel is nicely located and convenient, please note there are few convenienceS. Even the lift seems to be hit-or-miss. When it is working, it is very slow and very small. And, all of your entertaining, dining, and just about everything else will have to be done elsewhere. But, there will be no shortage of entertainment options very nearby.

* WIFI: I found the wifi to come & go and to be pretty unreliable.

UGLY

* In Need of a Facelift: Okay, the big cliché with hotel reviewers is that a hotel 'needs to be refurbished'. Usually lazy reviewers use this jump the shark review comment and it is usually not true, or at least exaggerated. With this hotel though . . . the need to be refurbished screams at the top of its lungs. My room had multiple wall screws that once held paintings or mirrors or something that just stood as wall screws set in bland empty walls. The carpet on the floor I was on had multiple tears and big spots that looked like they had been bleached, as if someone spilled a bottle of bleach. They were filled in by someone writing on them in marker. The bathroom, while it served me well, was like a scene from 1972. No exaggeration, this hotel needs to be updated.

* Attention to Detail (and plumbing): the water was draining from my shower very slowly. Then, I noticed something: a big pile of hair, a wig really, blocking the drain. So, I grabbed it by lining my hand with a think wad of toilet paper and removed the obstruction. I'm still looking for a good trauma counselor. I did what I had to but this is something I kind of wished I didn't have to do. That said; the lovely housekeepers seem to do a good job otherwise.

BOTTOM LINE

* This hotel is pretty lucky to escape this review with as high as an 'average' rating. It really is about location and this location has me forgiving much of the other stuff. I assume the location alone keeps this hotel reserved and does not pressure ownership to have to tend to the other stuff. If this hotel, as-is, was located elsewhere in Dusseldorf it would either look much different or not exist.

* When I return in November will I stay here again? Despite the fact that I have stayed at better hotels in Dusseldorf (just about all of them were better), yes, I will look at this hotel first and try to stay here again. Did I mention the great location?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ShoelessJeff
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is ok, it's clean and the beds are comfortable. However it is extremely dated, the walls are quite thin so you can hear all the neighbours and the partying guests in old town. There are no kettles or fridges in the room. One day a cleaner did just let himself in without knocking which was a shock.

Location was great, less than a minute walk to a tube station. 5 mins walk down to the Rhine river. We only stayed 2 nights, so it was ok for the 3 of us, however wouldn't recommend if you're looking for any luxury.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

A budget hotel. But with neat and clean rooms. Hotel provides a very good breakfast. Location is excellent with few mints walk to shopping hub of dusseldorff and rehins river. Food shops are also in few steps away.
I must say that Reception staff is very cooperation and always try to help you. I ws new in Dusseldorff bt reception staff helped me a lot in providing guidance which i needed.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This Hotel is a rip-off charging totally unrealistic prices for damaged rooms.
The reception at first is impressive but on inspection it is dated and broken The exterior of the Hotel is decaying and even the sign-age lights are more off than on.
My room on the second floor was 204 and the decor was damaged and the carpets worn out. All the furniture was cracked, scratched and dirty doors were missing off cupboards. only one bedside light and the TV was not showing a good picture and no English channels could be found.
After seeking to leave the following morning but was told they do not refund pre paid accounts but put me into another room no 101 which was imaginably better but still broken old and poorly renovated,
Breakfast was no great event.
In its favour the staff are all very pleasant but they are aware that the hotel need to be over hauled and renovated.
My recommendation is leave well alone.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel until this one is renovated.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel is old but mostly clean,near the city,shops and uban which is great! But we had 2 rooms/5th floor. One room was robbed. Nobody cared or did anything. Every single thing was taken. Horrible! They didn't warned us about troubles with lock and didnt even informe anyone. We were out for 2 horus and came back to completely empty room. On the fifth floor. Coincidence?!

Stayed: January 2017