“Around average Thai / Euro food but atrocious customer service”
Review of Prickynoo

Prickynoo
Ranked #244 of 1,994 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I visited this place off the back of highly positive reviews and also the fact that it's in close proximity to Medienhafen, sadly my expectations were dashed. First up the restaurant staff seemed unenthused following a smiling forced greeting.

The food ordered was 'ok' as Euro/Thai standards go. However my issue was with the staff - first up I thought it would be courteous to offer to take someone's coat or at least advise where the cloakroom was which they never offered to do.

I had to request whether there was a coat hanger or cloakroom and felt I was inconvenience. All staff seemed distracted and disinterested. After finishing my meal I noticed the young female staff member thanking and saying 'auf wiedersehen' to departing diners.

Upon my departure from the premises she did not stand at the door nor bid me farewell - I felt obliged despite their behaviour to say goodbye. I'll advise all friends and family to avoid this premises if ever they're in Dusseldorf!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Quick service, hassle free and good value small wine list. ordered the mixed entrees for our group, each member selected a main. Drank the GV, tasted fine and not stupid price.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

For once a restaurant dinner by myself. I enjoy Thai food, and Prickynoo was in the neighborhood and had decent reviews.
Restaurant looks good and classy, nice bar and not too crowded. Was not met in the door, had to approach the guy behind the bar to get seated. Menu delivered, no question for something to drink.
Menu has a good selection of Thai dishes, with a “hot” marker on each dish. I like hot food, if you do too make sure you ask the waiter to make the dish “real hot” 2 and 3 hotties are in my opinion not hot at all. However, the taste was good and price level is decent.
The staff is a bit distanced - no smiles or questions about how the meal was etc ... I had to reel them in myself whenever I needed another Singha beer or ask a question.
All in all average, I’m not going there next time I’m in town.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Good value and truly authentic food, friendly staff in a down-to-earth atmosphere, good place for spontaneous visits with family and kids

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Green curry is our thing. Prickynoo offers a great vriety: with tofu, chicken, pork, beef or king prawns. By now, we tasted it well over 10 times.
Top marks for quality of ingredients, spices and preparation - freshly made and consistently (!) excellent.