“excellent food and wine”
Review of Oktopussy

Oktopussy
Ranked #13 of 2,046 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small fine restaurant with high standards of food and drink. Super kitchen, more than 90 wines, including more than 50 by the glass. Great terrace. Come over!
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

top top top food top ambient top service
highly recommended . I see some people wrote some bad references , i really cannot understand it. The concierge from my hotel recommended to me very positively. I went there to check it out and was very nice surprised! really good red wine and the staff was really willing to help me to choose! top top top

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I'm not usually one to write reviews, Octopussy inspired me to stop trolling TripAdvisor and productively contribute.

When i arrived the restaurant was completely packed. However, the amazing staff dealt with me and my friend in the most friendly and efficient way to ensure that we got served as quick as possible.

The food was wonderful and the wine list is extensive...A must-visit for all food and wine enthusiasts! I had the octopus starter and lamb main course-all cooked to perfection.

Looking forward to returning again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I am a big food appreciator, so in order to help both sides when I find a place like this I am just more than happy to take my time and write everything about it!
-The whole concept is amazing in this restaurant.
-the decoration and ambient. If you like creativity and art.
-So artistic and Cousy.
-the staff sometimes are quite rushy rushy, but that's normal because they were quite full!
-Anyway always friendly! So friendly that I am sure every time I go back to Düsseldorf I gotta visit them! ❤️

-then the principle: THE FOOOOOOD. Omgosh.... the food... just to talk about it I feel like getting in the first plane back to Dusseldorf and going there to have the Hummer Salat !!! And the fish!! They were my favorite. You know when you it something that u will never forget?
-the food was so good that I couldn't help myself and I was eating there almost everyday that I stayed in Dusseldorf and bringing and showing my friends , so surprised I was .
- I think I dont need to say I highly recommend.
Thank you Oktopussy !!! As soon I am back, I come visit you guys!

2  Thank Erica L
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I had an amazing time eating and grabbing some beers at this restaurant while I was on a short holiday in Dusseldorf with a friend. It all started with some altbier on the beer benches outside, which led to some delicious appetizers (pate, pork belly, and pata negra), a glass of wine, more altbier, some excellent entrees (entrecote and octopus), a chocolate mousse and a dessert shot called 'hot pussy'. The food was hands down amazing!! Not only was the food amazing, but the atmosphere at the place was great and the waiters were very friendly and knowledgable. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody who makes their way out to Dusseldorf!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Putting a lot of unnamable ingredients doesn't make a great dish.
This place pretends to be avantgarde but in reality seems only craziness from the chef.
Please remember that most time less is more.

Really sad for the food since the service is extremely kind and welcoming.

Get ready to pay expensive sums for a lame meal here.

This was one of the less time that TA let me down.

Date of visit: February 2016
Svensternator, Manager at Oktopussy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hello,

healthy self esteem. Congratulation!

Visiting a restaurant for the first time - maybe choosing the wrong dish which didnt suit you. And keep in mind - maybe you had a bad day and you were not in the mood to be pleased anyway.

We just love professional guest like you!

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards Sven Lahme