“A Delicious Journey”

Ranked #27 of 1,930 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Small fine restaurant with high standards of food and drink. Super kitchen, more than 90 wines, including more than 50 by the glass. Great terrace. Come over!
Reviewed 4 December 2016

At the end of my stay in Dusseldorf I've decided to check this place, since I have been passing it a couple of times when walking to the Old town. And man, I can say this was one of the best gastronomy-related decisions I have ever made in my entire life.

The place was practically full, but we have managed to find sits at the bar and were able to look at the wine cart of the place. I'm not an expert, but there were a lot of different wines (half of the menu is consisted of wines). I'm pretty sure that the people who are into wines more than me would be delighted. Even if you don't like wines you can have a local draught beer which I also recommend.

The food part of the menu was almost entirely consisted of seafood meals, not just finely cooked, but carefully decorated as well. I mean, I never take photos of my meal (I prefer to just eat it!), and even I was tempted to do it. And, most importantly, it was superdelicious. I took a salmon steak with mashed potatoes, celery sauce and some fruit I'm really not sure which one (but some tasty one), and I can say it's one of the best meals I've ever had. As our immensely kind and sympathetic bartender (who also runs a place) told us, all the food was homemade. And you can feel it actually. And then dessert... I can recommend to anyone the chocolate mousse I took. It was great: not too sweet, not too bitter, and very refreshing.

While we were there, the place was full all the time. It was clear why they don't have an Instagram account: they don't need it to attract customers... their way of attracting and retaining people is the quality of the products and the service. As simple as that. The place is not too big but it's very cosy, tastefully decorated (both from inside and from outside), and there is some special vibe in it which you can never feel in the big worldwide restaurant chains. Originality always prevails at the end of the day. And it makes me happy to know it, because places like this, the last bastions of true living (in a rather generic world), just need to exist.

Come check this place out, people! You won't regret!

1  Thank Nikola J

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

The food is super delicious, the staff is so kind so I felt like I had a top cook at my home.
Octopus was so tasty that I am sure I will come back here again. Definitely a recommendation!

1  Thank Jelena P
Reviewed 3 December 2016

On the walls are amazig pictures. The interior is very pleasant and staff are proffessional and relaxed. Here you can spend time with soulmate, with your friends or businiess partner. Thank you Sven.

1  Thank Rade O
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

I visited this place in november 2016 and I really liked it. The food is excellent, especially the sea food. There are plenty of wine brands, too choose from. Some may not know, but German wine is very high quality. Oktopussy is not far from the city centre and I always walked to the Altstadt (the old town) and it took me around half an hour of easy walk, through one of the most beautiful cities on the Rhine. All in all, this restaurant is worth visiting and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Somebodyfromfaraway
Reviewed 3 December 2016

I was at dinner in the Octopussy and ate octopus :)) and that was delicious!! whether you are with your love, friends and family you will have great time there. The place is great, atmosphere is amazing, staff is very kind, and most important food and wine is high-quality.
i highly recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank Marina N