Ibis Wuppertal City(Wuppertal)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
McDreams Hotel Wuppertal-City(Wuppertal)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Bar/Lounge
US$94
US$84
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Hotel zur Krone(Wuppertal)
US$102
US$98
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
B&B Hotel Wuppertal(Wuppertal)(Great Value!)
US$67
Scarpati Hotel(Wuppertal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree ticketstravel passmain railway stationfriendly receptionincluded in the priceconstruction workbreakfast buffet ispublic transportgreat locationcity centresingle roomstayed herefree wifiastoneaterieshauptbahnhofduration
Reviewed 28 December 2016

This hotel is in the city centre, a few hundred metres from Wuppertal Hauptbahnhof. My room was not luxurious, but perfectly comfortable; the bed was very good. I especially appreciated the help I received from the hotel staff, as I arrived early, left late, and had one more issue to sort out.

In November 2016 there was construction work going on near the hotel, starting at 7 a.m.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Booked here cos it looked central it was

best location possible for a transport holiday , its cheap cheerful and food was nice even had hot

Bar out side is open late and dirt cheap and gr8 view of trams.

its a bit run down but gr8 don't book if you wand the ritz

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2015

I had booked a single room but was upgraded to a double room. Rooms/hotel are nothing to write home about, but are comfortable and quiet and the location is excellent - minutes away from the main station and steps away from a mall where you'll find plenty of eating options, and with a Schwebebahn station right across the street (you must experience the Schwebebahn at least once during your stay). Plus friendly staff. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaime M
Reviewed 22 March 2015

I spent one night here after reading the reviews on trip. I have to say I was pleased at the location. Only a couple of mins from hbf. Also only seconds from the shops and redturant. There is alot of building work going on in the street. So if you dont want to be woken by drilling at 7am this is not a hotel for you.
I had a single room and it does look dated. Large wooden desk like thing takes up alot of room. Making it hard to get to the window. I would agree with other review re the toilet. Not sure how many can seat comfy as it is right against the wall.
I did like the fridge in the room as it was hot during my visit it was good to keep it cold.
Just to add that the colour of the walls is interesting. My were a very loud orange.
staff that I spoke to were vert helpful. The free transport pass was nice touch to.
I didnt have breakfast on site as there is a number of cheap bakeried around the corner.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank helen118
Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

I've stayed here a number of times over the last four or five years, albeit usually for only one or two nights at a time. I return to this hotel when I'm in Wuppertal for several reasons.

It is very conveniently located, being only three to four minutes walk from Wuppertal Hbf (main railway station), and is also adjacent to the Schwebebahn station of the same name, ideal for getting to other parts of the city quickly, as well as being an excellent reason to visit Wuppertal for in its own right as a unique form of transport.

I have travelled here by public transport, and in my own car and used the nearby small multi-storey car park for which the hotel has a special arrangement. It is only a few minutes walk away and there has never been a problem leaving my car there. As others have mentioned the hotel also gives you a local transport travel pass valid for the duration of your stay which can be used on the fascinating Schwebebahn as well as buses, and also stopping trains over quite a wide area.

Despite its proximity to the Schwebebahn station, and my always having been allocated (by chance) rooms at the front of the building, I have never been troubled by noise from it - although I should add that I usually stay here in the colder months and have no need to have the room window open. Finally, location-wise, the hotel is situated in the Elberfeld / Döppersberg shopping / retail area with some eateries and bars nearby.

I've always found the hotel to be clean and welcoming and had a friendly reception here and the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The buffet breakfast is good too, with some warm items (bacon / scrambled egg) along with all the other items you would expect in a good German breakfast.

I've only ever stayed here in single rooms, so can't offer any comment on the twin/doubles. The single rooms (and their bathrooms) are quite small as one might expect, but are perfectly adequate for my short stays here.

My only gripe would be that the cardinal sin of squeezing the WC in a space which is really too small for it has been committed in the bathroom design - anyone of a larger size than a skinny supermodel will probably find it uncomfortable, squeezed in between the wall and the washbasin. It's only for that reason that I can't make this a five-star review.

One final word regarding the location. Whilst it is undoubtedly very convenient, there is a high probability of noise from nearby construction works during 2015, with much of the land between the main railway station and the hotel being redeveloped (it'll be great when it's finished, so it's certainly worthwhile). So, from around 7.15 on Monday to Friday mornings until late afternoon there may well be noise from building work, and this was certainly the case during my recent stay. However, I don't visit places to lounge around in bed all day so it wasn't a problem for me (again, I had the window closed anyway).

I shall certainly return again and again when I have occasion to do so.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends