Hilton Mainz City
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    All reviewsold townquiet streettrain stationwalking distancenespresso machinethe riverminute walkchristmas marketfrankfurt airportbusiness triplocation is excellentbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelfront desk staffan upgradetop floorparking garage
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time that we have stayed here and the service has been exceptional on both occasions. This time, the very accommodating staff at reception allowed us to have our room a little early due to us landing very tired from a long haul flight. Last time, we found the bar staff very chatty and friendly.

The breakfast is fantastic and the rooms, although a little dated looking, are spotlessly clean, large and comfortable. The walk into the town centre is less than 5 minutes too.

I would recommend a stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    HiltonMainzundCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Gareth T,

Greetings from Mainz!

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay again and we are very happy to have the chance to host you every time you are in Mainz.

Dear Gareth T, the whole team of the Hilton Mainz City and me are already looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple times on business trips.

Overall, it’s a great hotel and in a great location with easy access to local transit and food.

The rooms are nice and the bed is comfortable.

I know in Germany the AC is typically shut off in the winter. My rooms were a little hot but the big windows which open up cooled the room off quickly.

Overall, it’s a very nice hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
    1  Thank Craig K
    HiltonMainzundCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Craig K,

Greetings from Mainz!

Dear Craig K, the whole team of the Hilton Mainz and me are already looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I appreciate everything. The position of the Hotel, the kindness of the staff, the comfort of the room, the excellence of food. From my point of view everything was perfect. The best hotel were I have been, ever.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear pizaki,

Greetings from Mainz!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet all of your expectations.

Dear pizaki, the whole team of the Hilton Mainz City and me are already looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stayed here 15 or so times last 6 months. Staff is inconsistent. Sometimes helpful. Sometimes not at all. Rooms all vary widely. Some are exceptional. Some mediocre. But all of them larger than most Euro hotel rooms. Stay away from top floor rooms in cold weather. Great rooms up there but the heating system never warms them up to comfort levels. If you get a front city park-facing room, make sure you have a high floor if you open the windows. People go outside the front door to smoke and it will come right back into your room on floors 1 and 2 (floor 0 is the lobby). Pillows are terrible so you might want to ask for extra pillows. Some rooms have Nespresso machines. Nice touch.

Breakfast buffet is good. Plenty of selection. If you go early, you'll have the buffet area to yourself.

I only dined (dinner) there once but the food was very good.

Location is excellent. Downtown 2 blocks from town centre. 10 minute walk to DeutscheBahn Haupbanhauf (train station). Mainz is a major long distance rail hub so I stayed there before I needed to catch an early morning train. Very convenient.

Room Tip: See my remarks above
    • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
    2  Thank Jay_N_Thomas
    HiltonMainzundCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Jay_N_Thomas,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Mainz City for your recent stay.

I am sorry that we are not able to deliver a consistent high level of service during your stays.
    We will discuss your feedback internally with our department heads for corrective actions.
    Please rest assured that this is not up to our standard and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

However, I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner offerings, as well as our great city location.

Dear Jay_N_Thomas, it would be our pleasure to have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I stayed only one night in this hotel but i am impressed.
    The hotel is very good. Rooms are spsacious, well firnished and also there was a nespresso machine in my room which i love very much.
    Breakfast was excellent . The city of Mainz is very beautiful

Stayed: February 2018
    HiltonMainzundCity, General Manager at Hilton Mainz City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear bkassar2000,

Greetings from Mainz!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us – especially our Nespresso machines and the breakfast buffet.

Dear bkassar2000, the whole team of the Hilton Mainz City and me are already looking forward to welcome you back soon.