“Great tour with Danilo”

Ranked #22 of 49 Tours in Dresden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Had one night in Dresden while traveling from Berlin to Prague, so decided to make the most of it as I would be on my own.

Getyourguide brought up this your and times were perfect, plus it would take me to a area of the city that I probably would not have visited.

Not really a sightseeing tour per se, but it's more the guide Danilo taking you in to the real Dresden and talking to you about what life was like (especially his) in the old East Germany.

Probably 1/3 of the tour is spent in a cafe/bar talking away, but I found Danilo a really interesting guy and his knowledge was amazing (I asked him about Putin living in Dresden in the 80's and he knew exactly where he lived).

Took us to some really interesting places. If you you have the time then I would strongly recommend this tour

1  Thank wanderer_scotland

Reviewed 9 August 2015

The tour content was interesting, learned things about an are of Dresden I was no way familiar with.

However, the tour was bilingual: German and English. The English sections felt like an afterthought, covering only the bare minimum of information. While English was not the guide's first language, poor form to offer a service they clearly could not deliver to an acceptable standard.

Spent 45 minutes of the 3 hour tour in a bar, where despite a complimentary drink there was obvious pressure to buy further drinks for the duration.

Worth neither the money nor the time.

4  Thank BrendanK100
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I highly recommend this tour the first night you are in Dresden to get familiar with the city and get an insight into the culture that makes it such a great city. You'll learn the history behind Neustadt and all the nightlife and art that makes it such a cool neighborhood. Plus you can meet other people visiting the city. Next time I visit, I hope Danilo has a hot air balloon tour of the entire city.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I think there are many obvious sites to see in Dresden - mostly in the Altstadt area - and they are incredibly beautiful. They are a great testament to the will of the city to rebuild. What I did not expect was to enjoy the Neustadt area as much as we did. We decided to do this tour our first night in Dresden and it was absolutely brilliant. Danilo was our guide and his affection for the area was evident from the very beginning. On this particular night, my wife and I were the only guests and we enjoyed that personal attention but it was clear that with a larger group, the fun would have been just as great. We learned a great deal about the history of the Neustadt area and walked through the entire quarter (it's not too big) to see really interesting parts of this very Bohemian community. We spent some time in a couple of bars and they were both full of that local feel. We particularly enjoyed Room 64 - really great place for cocktails! The whole tour of the area had us so enchanted by Neustadt that we ended up spending a good portion of the following day back in the same area. It just seems to draw you in and I do think the route and history Danilo shared with us had a lot to do with that.

3  Thank depmode
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I thought this tour was pretty blah-didn't learn much, not very fun. The drinks that were included was 1 strange shot in an empty bar and another strange shot on a street corner. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this. Perhaps with a different guide it would be much better.

2  Thank Lesley K