a&o Dresden Hauptbahnhof
US$106
US$98
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Weltemuhle Dresden(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Travelocity
All reviewsschool groupsaldi supermarketbed dormroom was cleantram buscentral stationpublic transportshort staywalking distancetwo nightslocation is greatfree wificitygretcleanlinessprivacyprague
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We came at 1:30pm and the staff told us that we would have to wait until 3pm to get the room key. We came and asked again at 3pm and the guy at the reception desk told us that the room was still not ready. When I asked him when it would be ready because I'd been waiting for so long and had already paid for our room, he said he didnt know and he couldnt do anything about it. The thing is I noticed that some other guests who came after us could get their keys already, while we were made to wait for so long (after check-in time) with no clue. And that was not the first time we'd had to wait for room to be ready after the check-in time. I kinda regret buying many vouchers by A&O and I'm pretty sure I'll have to consider the service carefully when deciding on where to stay for holidays.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stayed at A&O Dresden for one night while passing through from Berlin to Prague. The hostel is just a short 5 minute walk down the road from the main train station and bus station in the old part of Dresden city which makes it easy to drop off your bags then head to central Dresden to explore. The hostel allows you to place your bags in a locked room if you happen to arrive before check in time, allowing for convenience. I stayed in the 4 bed dorm which offers a nice spacious size room, which is clean and well maintained. The check in area also has a bar area where you can buy a morning coffee from, otherwise they have a breakfast area if you looking for a sit down meal. The only issue I had was when I need to change my date of travel and asked to be placed in the same dorm as a friend that was traveling with me who also had a booking, it took quite a few emails back and forth due to me being unable to explain my request in German- language barrier missunderstanding.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

The price was very good. The room was clean and there was free wifi. Bathrooms were inside the room and the location is 10 min from the train station and 25 minutes to the historic center (walking) but there are tram/bus stations close. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I booked a shared room of 4, the first night I was alone at the room, the next day a young man joined and the third day 3 men. I asked the reception to change me to a female 4 bed shared room and they did it but on the ground floor with a stinky rest room. But only two more women were there. My last night on the hostel around 11, two men rushed into the room and I told them that it is a female room and they went back to the reception. The people at the reception are very friendly but please can you improve your booking system? And clean the rest rooms??

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Having in mind we booked it a few hours before our stay and we arrived late at night, we were welcomed by the kind staff and quickly accommodated. The room was clean and spacious, the view is nice. Location - close to the railway station, so very convenient. We stayed only 1 night but I would reccommend it and visit it again if needed. Price was also cheap, the only drawback is that they extra charge you for sheets but other than that it is good value for money.

Room Tip: There is a terrace with a nice view in the bar on the last floor, you should visit it.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends