“Make Sure to Call for A Reservation-It's Wonderful”

Scharfe Ecke Weimar
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in Weimar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2015

This place is a Michelin rated restaurant and I can see why. Cute, Quaint, cozy, with large windows, friendly waitresses, wonderful service, and wonderful food. They sat us at a table that already had a man sitting at it and we had the nicest talk and conversation with him. I got lamb shank with red kraut and green beans...Sooo good. My son got the deer with brussel sprouts, the others- hind goulash, sauerbraten and wurst with dumplings. Everyone was very happy with their entree and with the atmosphere here. It's everything you would think a German Restaurant would be like.
The bathrooms are very neat and clean, as well.

1  Thank TennisgalGreenBay_WI

Reviewed 10 October 2014

We were recommended this restaurant and called there to make a booking for 20.00 hrs which is later than when many Germans eat. We were told that bookings weren't taken and to just turn up. This we did only to be turned away as the restaurant was full. It was a bit disappointing and not user friendly

Reviewed 19 September 2014

Sunday night refuge. We had an excellent meal at the Scharfe Ecke with good choice of fish, meat and some vegetarian dishes. The staff were friendly, helpful and informative.We would have returned but sadly the restaurant is closed on Mondays

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went for dinner in this restaurant just by chance after a stroll by Weimar's downtown. The choice was 110% right. The ambient and decoration is quite homely and clean.
The food is basically the typical Thuringian cooking, which means potato dumplings, pork, deer, duck, cabbage... Everything seems to be cooked with taste and caring attention. Somehow you feel like eating at a German home.

The service is excellent service. The waiters keep a warm and kind attention towards the guests that seems to come out straight from another time. The atmosphere is so comfortable you feel as eating at home with your uncles.

I would recommend this place ten times out of ten.

The only 'but' is that they close a bit early and you might be left without dessert as the cook closes early —but, hey, I am Spanish, we have quite late eating hours ;)

1  Thank Gusgsm
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had dinner in this restaurant with my parents and we had a delightful evening: tasty food, good beer and friendly atmosphere. I would definitely go back as there is a huge variety and I wouldn't mind trying some other things from the menu.

1  Thank Laurence26