“Great food and cosy restaurant”
Review of Zum Siechenbrau

Zum Siechenbrau
Ranked #9 of 158 Restaurants in Weimar
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The best German restaurant I have been so far. The Zwiebelfleisch was amazing, and also the rest of the dishes were very good. Really warm place which makes you feel like home.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I had not expected to be so amazed by this little restaurent. Between old bottle, paintings from around weimar and the un countable tee pots lies a ambiance unique. I had superb meal, traditional food done perfectly. The service vas AWSOME. The owner has this garlic liquor that he makes himself that is really good.
I recommend it if you want to eat a good home meal.
I will definitely go back as soon as I can.

2  Thank 63pinards
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We didn't have a table reservation and the few tables there were all taken; however, the guests at the biggest table allowed us to sit on their table where there was enough room for another four people. Apparently this place has not only nice, excellent service, but nice, friendly customers as well. I had the daily special with onion soup as an appetizer, and it was great. I especially liked the potato croquettes. I'd go there anytime again!

1  Thank WolfgangFrank
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I am travelling through Germany and always asked for what is traditional.

I decided to take the Thuringia bratle (similar :) )

It cost me 9 euros and was really good, also the portion was a bit bigger, but I could finish it.

The restaurant inside is rustic, but I really like the charm. The also have a small beer garden outside, but I guess the locals know a good place. It probably was the offer (smoked rips) why it was full in the beer garden. I had a look and saw many happy faces.

Unlimited rips with sauerkraut and potatoes... I should come back here one day :)

Probably I will make another stopover in this beautiful, historical city.

1  Thank Steffen R
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Very nice tasty food and friendly staff. Gulyash with special Türinger klöße is very tasty. When I come to Weimar next time I will visit this restaurant more!!!
Oksana from Ukraine